Skip to content

Discuss This WSBK/WSS: Remainder of Moscow races cancelled due to accident. MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > WSBK/WSS: Remainder of Moscow races cancelled due to accident.

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Hunt  says:

WSBK/WSS: Remainder of Moscow races cancelled due to accident.

The remaining races for the weekend at the Moscow Raceway have been cancelled due to a tragic accident involving Go Elevent Supersport rider, Andrea Antonelli. The Italian rider fell on the final straight of the first lap of the World Supersport race - ran in severely wet conditions - and was unavoidably struck by Lorenzo Zanetti as he fell. Although there has been - as...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 273 days ago (21 July 2013 13:36)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
maculopathy

Mar 10

maculopathy says:

OK so the original Benny comment was not sugar coated & could certainly have been more tactfully put but is it untrue  ? Your sense of out rage is a little out of proportion don't you think -

Reply to this Topic
simondick76

Jan 09

simondick76 says:

Andrea RIP :-(

Now is not the time to be arguing and slagging each other off. Somebody died yesterday in a sickening accident. Somebody's son was taken, maybe a brother or sister has lost somebody they loved. The bottom line is it doesn't matter regardless of fault or cause maybe we could just be a little more respectful of the above facts and calm the comments down and reflect.

Reply to this Topic
BarkerBill

Feb 12

BarkerBill says:

Bickering - not just now.

Not all of which the Rev. has stated here is totally wrong though at this moment in time simondick76 has, to my mind, made a a very precise comment indeed.

Bill

Reply to this Topic
Kegsie

Jun 09

Kegsie says:

James Hunt

James Hunt said, "80% of spectators go to race meetings to see someone get killed, pay me enough and I'll put my life on the line for them".  Murray Walker agreed.  Like it or not, he remains the only man I ever heard call it like it is.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Racing fans /it's a disgrace

I cannot believe that this link is being trolled and used for mindless bickering The Welsh madman continues to stoop to levels lower than a snakes belly ,This man has family that may be reading this ,No matter who he is or whether or not he is a club racer or a world champion no one wants this to happen and I for one think it cast a shadow over all the racing yesterday ,We all, if we tell the truth enjoy the excitement of a near miss or a spectacular crash it's human nature ,it's even a buzz when it happens to you providing you don't get hurt in a wierd way as many of us know, but No one wants to see a rider hurt or killed,as I have said previously our entertainment and a riders ambition is sometimes too costly and very unfair ,My sympathy to his family,friends and team, a bad day for racing ,MCN sort this sort of thing out its a step to far even for my pallet

Reply to this Topic
mickdel

May 03

mickdel says:

condolences

Tragic. Condolences to Antonelli's family, friends and all at his race team.

Reply to this Topic
69Fastback

Apr 12

69Fastback says:

Inappropriate Time

The race will be looked at and assessed. This will not go by without proper scrutiny and lessons learnt. The riders themselves will want answers and assurances that their safety is paramount. We all know how far safety progressed when Sheeney and Roberts stepped in, all the way to the FIM! Now, can I ask again for the moderator to remove the inappropriate bile from a certain poster on this board?

Reply to this Topic
Bullshrimp

Apr 13

Bullshrimp says:

Listen to what Marco says

Have you guys read Marco Melandri's twitter? He is right more can be done to prevent a repeat of this horrible event.

I'm sorry but I am failing to see the comparison between this and other previous incidents, severe weather conditions clearly played a massive part in this event. As for the ''inappropiate time'' comment perhaps this should wait until after Silverstone (where we could be faced with a similar scenario?) to be addressed?

I'm failing to see why a safety committee cannot be put together in the next week or so, there are plenty of very experienced riders in the WSB paddock who could do this.

Yes, certain posting manner can be questionable on here at times and this thread would not seem an appropriate time for it.

As I stated in my earlier post I too am shocked and saddened by the events of yesterday but I really think it needs to act as a wake up call to this series.

Reply to this Topic
69Fastback

Apr 12

69Fastback says:

To Elaborate

Bullshrimp, Inappropriate time as regarding 'posters coming out with bile'! Yes, action should be taken sooner rather than later. Remember the race in hurricane winds, Indy 08? I was surprised it went on as long as it did. I remember seeing panels on the grandstand almost getting torn off, and the riders showing their unwillingness to carry on. I personally believe; the riders/teams may have already entered into safety discussions.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

Benny

The fact that more people recognised the face of Marco Simmoncelli, than that of poor Andrea Antonelli, did that really make him in some way any less deserving of our sympathy and thoughts?

To put a total blame for this tragic death solely on the organisers in not called for either...All of the SS riders had 2 full laps prior to racing, and not once did I see any rider indicate to race direction, or indeed to each other on the grid, that they had a problem with the race starting.  As in any place of work, if you see a potential danger, you are duty bound to voice your concerns, Why should the race track be any different.

In hindsight, the race should never have started......but if the race had been cancelled prior, a certain a number of people would have been complaining about the lack of thought for the paying public etc...etc...

Condolences to Andrea's family and friends

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle