Skip to content

Discuss This MotoGP Laguna Seca: Marquez secures audacious victory MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > MotoGP Laguna Seca: Marquez secures audacious victory

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Hunt  says:

MotoGP Laguna Seca: Marquez secures audacious victory

With three, unfamiliar Hondas on the front row at Laguna Seca, it took superb reactions from the lights by Rossi to separate them with a blistering start.  Stefan Bradl, showing no sign of rookie, pole-sitter nerves however was equal to it, and maintained his qualifying position for the opening half of the race.With four laps gone, Honda’s young marvel, Marc...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 July 2013 22:51)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Honestly Bob I think you've lost it, if you don't think Rossi would have been a serious contender for the win on the mighty honda then you've not been paying attention..Will yamaha now follow his lead?? Jorge was hammered this time last year and had no answer and his setup means the bike spends too much time on the edge and in hot weather ti seriously hampers it's competitiveness. Rossi rides differently and could well have the answer to Yamahas problems given the chance..One thing is for certain neither Jorge or Cal have it.. The Marquez pass at the corkscrew is the only thing in common with what Rossi did to stoner. Marquez was already a few 10ths a lap quicker than Rossi on a faster bike anyway. Going into race day Rossi was 3/4 of a second a lap behind Casey. Simply no comparison.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Marquez

His move on Rossi at the Corkscrew wasnt a "move" at all , it was because he didnt know the track that well and Rossi pushed him wide , in half a lap he'd have overtaken Rossi anyway , apart from that bit of fun; what a shit race :(

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Respect?

Stoner had the deepest respect for Jorge...

Balls he did. All that happy clappy shit on the podium with Jorge was fake, evidenced by Stoner's snide comments later on in the press about Jorge "riding for points".
Anyone with even partially working eyes, and no orange haze clouding their vision could see Jorge was out of the seat every race trying to keep up with the Honda's in 2012 post Mugello.

Reply to this Topic
Farnarkle

Jan 13

Farnarkle says:

Hugs has got the answers

Even if he's no more than Wosi uses when he has run out of toilet paper..

Rossi was on the fastest bike on the podium at L.S. this year, you braindead illiterate moron. Read the analysis on the MotoGp site. Nearly 5k faster than Bradl's bike, and 2.3k faster than Marquez's bike. Stoner had a 1.7 k top speed over Rossi in '08.

And yes, the Corkscrew pass was the only thing Marquez had in common with Rossi in '08 - Marquez rode clean, and motored away. Even with all the dirty little f*cker tricks Rossi tried to pull on Marquez.At least Stoner fought back all the way once passed, Rossi just sat in his arse and watched Marquez fade away into the distance.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

by your own argument

Buelligan (I generally don't have much of a problem with your posts btw) the Honda was the bike to be on this weekend, whereas oddly it was only Stoner who was faster than Rossi around a lap at LS08 on a Ducati (I think Rossi and JB got it back to about half a second by the warm-up; not much of Stoner's advantage was on corners as far as I could tell though).

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

Again

DT, bike advantages for some would appear to exist mainly for riders they dislike.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Hugelean, are you sure you are responding to my comment you fkn queer?

Clearly playing trains with Wosi, Mario, Thomas and co. has seen you fucked senseless.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Laguna 2013

Honda favoured track.

Corkscrew 2008 = major whinging issue (Stoner/Rossi)

Corkscrew 2013 = laugh and joke issue (Rossi/Marquez)

Spot the difference.    = Simples.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

paddedcell100

The first post and for my money exactly how I saw it, mm overtake the only bit of excitement in a dull dull race,the mickrainey doubting thomas elhanjob moron muti poster same old ,yes , Cal had a poor race , disappointing not good enough, you see I do see reality , but next race is another day and we move on, however none of your alter egos mentioned dovis dross arse , what a stinker from the bee keepers apprentice,Better racing at brands bsb however sad news from moskow , not what any race fan wants to hear, I had for a devoted Sheene fan the great pleasure of time talking to Freddie Sheene who was with a mutual friend,i was able to share some nice stories of the great man with him , what a nice unassuming young man he is , the nice side of this great sport on a day of very mixed fortunes , a moment of reflection that we all should have on here from time to time for the stig, Good luck to Cal for the next round not up to your standard young man, but a safe rest of the season to all these racers whoever we favour .our entertainment and their ambition is at times too costly and very unfair

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

no risk of either rider being taken out by the manouevre

and the result inconsequential to the race and season, with the rider on the losing end having previously justified making a similar off track move himself = not much option to complain, simple.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices