Skip to content

Discuss This MotoGP Laguna Seca: Marquez secures audacious victory MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > MotoGP Laguna Seca: Marquez secures audacious victory

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Hunt  says:

MotoGP Laguna Seca: Marquez secures audacious victory

With three, unfamiliar Hondas on the front row at Laguna Seca, it took superb reactions from the lights by Rossi to separate them with a blistering start.  Stefan Bradl, showing no sign of rookie, pole-sitter nerves however was equal to it, and maintained his qualifying position for the opening half of the race.With four laps gone, Honda’s young marvel, Marc...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 July 2013 22:51)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

emmett has an orange haze?

Well according to DT he must, since he described the 2012 Lorenzo thusly

His style looked effortless ... He barely moved on the bike, and the bike barely moved underneath him, yet the pace he achieved was scintillating

As for happy clappy sh1t on the podium, you're thinking of someone else there. Someone who tried so hard to run another rider off they ended up cutting the corner themselves. BTW who brought up Stoner originally? Right, should've know.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Selective quoting?

It's true that Jorge's style is smooth but is it not also true that he had several moments post Mugello trying to keep up with the "pair of rampant Hondas"? Those are Emmett's words too.

Reply to this Topic
ElDiabolico

Jul 13

ElDiabolico says:

There is another difference:

Stoner ended up in the mud after that shocking pass and never got over it... Vale stayed in his line and made jokes about it. Stoner is fishing and obeying Adriana's commands and Vale is still having fun and podiums... Now Doohanfan about the speed difference on the Ducati 2007 vs competitors we have posted already some YouTube videos on this forum certifying the obvious. You are not sticking to your guns my friend, you are obsessed and you have selective sight and memory... Or perhaps I am doing you wrong and in Australia they didn't showed those parts of the races...

Reply to this Topic
ElDiabolico

Jul 13

ElDiabolico says:

Doohanfan

Spot the similarities?

If you go to every on-line motorcycle magazine you know, you will see that everybody is talking about history repeating itself and how VR gor "Rossied" by MM... some even post pictures of both overtakings side by side.

It is very funny that all viewers around the world had this deja-vu ironic feeling yesterday except Australians... perhaps if you turn your TV's normally instead of Down Under you could see a clearer picture...

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

i see

and you think Stoner and Pedrosa weren't having moments trying to keep ahead? Who's selective now? Lorenzo had his eye on the championship the whole time. 

ElDildo you personally haven't posted anything except your sad shipping tycoon fantasies. And all Wosi has posted is the same old videos of the 2007 season opener where yamaha were caught with their pants down. They pulled them up pretty damn quickly.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Fk me..all Casey's miserable lot out today. Like the good ol days innit? hahaha..

The funniest thing about LS08, wasn't the fact that yesterday showed Stoner up for the moaner we all know he is..NO!

It was the two races that followed where, scared of further battles with a looming Rossi and petrified his race-craft would be made to look second division again to the great man, he fell off all by himself while leading to forever confirm a suspect temperament UNDER P-P-P-PRESSURE.

A major chink in his armour, that was exhibited right until he jacked the job in last year..and cost him the chance of proving he was a legend by backing up a title.

Thin skinned, weak and unable to avoid tripping over his bottom lip..a typical Aussie trait I'm afraid.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

we have had this discussion

an interminable number of times El D. There is no doubt the 2007 Ducati was faster in a straight line, particularly early season. They however have  phenomena known as  corners which occur at reasonably frequent intervals on race tracks which no-one else could negotiate on a 2007 Ducati, or all that well on any Ducati since. There are also a couple of blokes called Furosawa and Rossi who think that rideability is more important than straightline performance in isolation, and who I believe  have (imo justifiably) been lauded for devising in the case of the former and choosing to go with and develop in the case of the latter this thing called a crossplane crank in-line 4 yamaha GP bike racing engine. 

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Cool...

Not a bad race considering 2 of the main contenders are still not on form. Good ride from Bradl &, coupled with Cal's bad day, it has come at just the right time considering the competition for the LCR contract.

Not sure why Rossi followed MM off track but presume it was because he was trying to hang him out for so long that he forgot to turn.  No problem as they both went off track to no real advantage, but if he'd stayed on the racing line he might have passed him again or at least got along side like the 2008 incident. I do think that MM had it in his head to do that particular pass... he was obviously so much faster than Vale & could have taken him almost anywhere on the track but chose that spot very intentionally (with his stock "we have seen similar things happen in that corner before" line at the ready)... fair play to him.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

I believe as it stands

the great man never led let alone won a race on a Ducati, and this seems likely to remain so Wosi. Unless and until he or someone else does, any talk of a rider who somehow got one of the things into the lead in the first place succumbing to pressure, and in particular any talk of race craft being at all applicable in the face of such an achievement, is ludicrous.

Face it Wosi (I know you never will) everything you and yours ever said about Stoner on the Ducati was proven completely wrong by subsequent events, which galls you more than anything you can ever say to me about Stoner, and hence all this still continuing silly argy-bargy.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

You got the year wrong,still wearing y fronts I bet too,bsb best racing this weekend by far.moto 2 should do Laguna as would be a great race IMO.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices