Skip to content

Discuss This MotoGP Laguna Seca: Marquez secures audacious victory MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > MotoGP Laguna Seca: Marquez secures audacious victory

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Hunt  says:

MotoGP Laguna Seca: Marquez secures audacious victory

With three, unfamiliar Hondas on the front row at Laguna Seca, it took superb reactions from the lights by Rossi to separate them with a blistering start.  Stefan Bradl, showing no sign of rookie, pole-sitter nerves however was equal to it, and maintained his qualifying position for the opening half of the race.With four laps gone, Honda’s young marvel, Marc...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 July 2013 22:51)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Its not a matter of who bought it up

its a matter of how some people are reacting, which in the case of 27ers seems to be with a great deal of anger and bitterness. Now we even have conspiracy theories about MM planning it from the start. As ridiculous as it is funny.

Reply to this Topic
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

Vaguely entertaining

But only because Marky Marq had to work his way past the other podium contenders.  Glad I didn't skip work to watch it.

Let's hope the wounded aliens recover during the summer break and we get some real championship racing to the finish.

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

Super

You watch any footage again of MM overtaking Rossi on the C.S.

That was planned , MM knew exactly what he was doing .

Watch how deep Rossi brakes into the C.S . MM planned that move well in advance :tongue:.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Super...

"Now we even have conspiracy theories about MM planning it from the start. As ridiculous as it is funny."

He could have passed him anywhere... with the far faster Bradl he made a far more conventional pass, but with Rossi he does that scrappy, comedy-of-errors, show-piece pass. I think Marc knew that if Rossi was ahead of him at any stage of that race that the Corkscrew was the place he was gonna make the pass... Rossi's his hero & role model & you don't think he's dreamed of that move? Figuratively speaking, he wants Rossi to have a picture of him on his bedroom wall, & that move was another step closer to achieving his goal. He's making the old Rossi look 2nd rate & is surpassing the young Rossi's achievements... so far!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

You really couldn't script sh1t like this

PMSL! keep trying boys.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Super...

"You really couldn't script sh1t like this"

But you can... & I'm fairly sure he did. As a rider you ultimately make a choice of where to pass unless the other rider makes a specific mistake. Rossi didn't make an error forcing Marc's hand, Marc went for the pass there to make a statement. How about coming up with an argument for the other side... no... that's not your way is it? You have proven yourself time again to be incapable... so we'll leave it there... again.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

hedgey you are normally such a stickler, Casey had the much faster bike and Marquez had the much faster bike.. Now if Marquez had been on Cals bike and done that on Rossi on the honda... That would have been similar. Still was brilliant to watch and Marquez is a real shot in the arm.. Love the corkscrew..

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Stupid?

not sure why you think Lorenzo's moments are somehow suggestive that he was having to push harder than Stoner or Lorenzo

You certainly are with dross like that. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, although you don't fucking deserve it, and take it you meant pushing harder then Pedrosa.

No, I didn't say that. I'm not questioning any of these guys pushing to the limit. I believe they all try to win, and I'm certain Jorge was, post Mugello, after seeing him have big moments, out of the seat, trying to catch Dani.

You bunch of myopic satsumas though, don't like that because that implies some sort of bike advantage to the "rampant Hondas". That's no fucking good that, is it? Casey not winning the title when he had the best bike. Casey bitter 'cause he fucked up his last season in motogp, so he smiles at Jorge on the podium, then slights him in the press. Class!

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

wosi

The onus was on him to stay out the way, but he chose to try and go around the outside.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The onus is ALWAYS on the rider re-joining the circuit. Period. It's a safety issue, not a 'who's wearing what colours' issue.

A good race overall. Looking forward to a fitter Dani/JLo in the next round.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

A reasonable argument hegdey?

to have one of those you would have to come up with a reasonable subject to argue about. Unfortunately your attempt to bait me is about as subtle as you are smart, ie not very. Better luck next time.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices