Skip to content

Discuss This MotoGP Laguna Seca: Marquez secures audacious victory MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > MotoGP Laguna Seca: Marquez secures audacious victory

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Hunt  says:

MotoGP Laguna Seca: Marquez secures audacious victory

With three, unfamiliar Hondas on the front row at Laguna Seca, it took superb reactions from the lights by Rossi to separate them with a blistering start.  Stefan Bradl, showing no sign of rookie, pole-sitter nerves however was equal to it, and maintained his qualifying position for the opening half of the race.With four laps gone, Honda’s young marvel, Marc...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 July 2013 22:51)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Pogo...

There isn't actually a rule regarding kerbs (or one defining what the extents of a racetrack are!) but given that they are designed to be ridden on but are rippled & painted to discourage riding on them one could say that they define the edge of a track... given that they are widely used in all forms of motorsport I don't think you could fine everybody for using them... & given that in most motorsport cutting a corner for advantage is against the rules I think it would be foolish to impose no penalty just because everybody rides on the kerb, as you seem to be suggesting... ?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
AussieInSUI

Mar 13

AussieInSUI says:

Hat Eaten...

I said I'd eat my hat and MM did it. Even though the Honda's were very strong it's still a great effort.

Reply to this Topic
pogo_it

Jul 05

pogo_it says:

hedge

According to your response below:

Your cant penalise people for riding on the kerb

Your Cant not penalise people for riding on the kerb.

There is no rule defining the extents of a racetrack.

In that case i could straightline any chicane (corkskrew included) with no fear of retribution, after all if there is no definition as to the extent of the track, how could i have possibly be said to have left it?!

The white line around the edges of a motor racing circuit which are continuous (excepting for the entry and exit of the pits) traditionally deliniate the edge of a racing circuit. These lines are visible on the inside of corners usually abutting the kerb. Hence in F1 if a cars outside wheels are completely on the inner kerb they will often recieve a penalty if it is deemed that they have been advantaged by their positioning.Equally on the exit of a kerb they will tend to be penalised if their inner wheels are wholy across the white line.

I appreciate that you will not believe me, as i am not quoting chapter and vers from the FIM (FIA) guidelines, whilst i would love to down load them in full and find the regulation i really cant be bothered. However if you believe there is no definition as to what the extent of a racing track is then Rossis moves both in 2013 and 2008 will be fine in your estimation, after all he was ahead and never left the track (as there is no definition of what the extent of the track is) In that case casey stoner would have been completely to blame if there had been contact for running in to the back of another rider who was perfectly within his rights to have taken the line he took, as he would not have left the defined track, due to there being no such thing as a defined edge of the track.

Taking it one stage further if there is no defined edge of the track then is there a track at all, maybe the start finish straight goes both ways, after all there would be no way of defining what the edge of the track is, so therefore i could ride round in circles crossing the start finish line 28 times and have won the race.

Of course i am being faceatious, we all know what the edge of the track is, it is the white line around the edge of the track, but i thought i would take your argument towards its extremes.

Reply to this Topic
pogo_it

Jul 05

pogo_it says:

And no Hedge

I was not suggesting not penalising people who cut a corner deliberately to gain an advantage, i was merely pointing out the falacy of some of the earlier comments.

I was simply pointing out that people running both tyres on the kerbs at the same time are running off the circuit to their advantage, and should theoretically be penalised if you are going to follow the letter of the law.

I personally would not like to see people be penalised for running both tyres on a kerb, but neither do i think that riders should be penalised if they make a mistake and run slightly off the track.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices