Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow reflects on worst finish for 12 months MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow reflects on worst finish for 12 months

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow reflects on worst finish for 12 months

British rider Cal Crutchlow saw his hopes of becoming the first British rider since Barry Sheene in 1982 to collect three consecutive MotoGP podiums end in disappointment at the US Grand Prix. The Monster Yamaha Tech 3 rider never found a comfortable set-up at the tight and technical Laguna Seca track and he slumped to a lowly seventh position. It was the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 366 days ago (22 July 2013 09:41)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Tough weekend for the yams which were totally outclassed by the hondas. Be interesting to see how the dynamic pans out now he is behind Rossi ..

Reply to this Topic
simondick76

Jan 09

simondick76 says:

Unreal

For the second time in a week Crutchlow wasn't only just riding his bike but Valentino's also. What is it with Cal coming out with all this crap about Valentino's set up and how they suffer the same problem. For god sakes lad concentrate on riding your own bike and less on what Rossi is doing, it's pathetic and just more excuses. There is a big difference between 7th and 3rd so I don't really think Rossi was having the same problems as Cal. All that happened was Rossi got beaten by a couple of Honda's.

Reply to this Topic
cossie748

Dec 07

cossie748 says:

Yawn...... dropping in the fact that Rossi had the same problems just to try and make it sound like its not an excuse and then mentioning how he usually beats all the other satellite bikes so people will think he deserves a factory bike The phrase "stuck record" springs to mind.

Reply to this Topic
SundayRoast

Oct 11

SundayRoast says:

Teams

Guys think teams and data not riders. Cal obviously gets feedback from the works team on settings if all is going a bit wrong and clearly Rossi was having similar issues. it is not an excuse, he has admitted he was beaten fair and square. What more do you want him to say.

I think it is refreshing for Cal to admit that sometimes you just get it wrong. In previous years he has blamed everything but the kitchen sink and has often laid into the teams ability.  It is just a shame because I think he was looking at this race to be a good result for him. At least he did not crash or have an engine failure like Bradley.

He needs to get his starts sorted though. 7th into the first corner is not good enough. I think an enhanced launch control is the biggest difference between the works bikes and the satellite team this year.

Reply to this Topic
SundayRoast

Oct 11

SundayRoast says:

Teams

Guys think teams and data not riders. Cal obviously gets feedback from the works team on settings if all is going a bit wrong and clearly Rossi was having similar issues. it is not an excuse, he has admitted he was beaten fair and square. What more do you want him to say.

I think it is refreshing for Cal to admit that sometimes you just get it wrong. In previous years he has blamed everything but the kitchen sink and has often laid into the teams ability.  It is just a shame because I think he was looking at this race to be a good result for him. At least he did not crash or have an engine failure like Bradley.

He needs to get his starts sorted though. 7th into the first corner is not good enough. I think an enhanced launch control is the biggest difference between the works bikes and the satellite team this year.

Reply to this Topic
ElDiabolico

Jul 13

ElDiabolico says:

There is not much to reflect...

Instead of spending his energy stating how much he "deserves" the factory ride he should concentrate in proving it.

ps. Perhaps now that he will go to Ducati he will have more time to reflect on how good the M1 was...

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

Majorcan Chorizo-lover

Rossi is always his target on a Sunday but he wears kid-gloves around Jorge. Bit creepy and slightly pathetic IMO. Jorge's pseudo-wingman, FFS. Watch how quick their 'friendship' dissolves if he starts spoiling Jorge's championship challenge............................................................................................................... OK, Vale got the ride that you and Dovi coveted but Yamaha won't be firing a proven-winner to employ someone who hasn't won a race in the top tier so you need to get over it and move on.

Reply to this Topic
stidds

Nov 02

stidds says:

I like Cal, he is a good rider and is doing a brilliant job.

However I hope that he doesn't go on holiday but spends that time working on his race starts.  I have never known such a bad starter in the top class.  Cal has always been pretty bad, but lately he is getting worse and worse.  I cannot recall the last time Cal actually made up a place or two at the start, every race he goes backwards at least 2 places before the first turn. 

If he wants to win things then he needs to be able to get away with the rest of the pack, not spend 4 or 5 laps trying to overtake fast riders to get back to the position he qualified.

Reply to this Topic
BarkerBill

Feb 12

BarkerBill says:

ElDiabolick

You really are a gem, at times . . .

Bill

Reply to this Topic
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

Shit weekend for Cal

Yup, was a bad weekend for Cal, his first weak performance this year. My advice would be give up half the promotional work, he does way too much, but I guess he has to make a living as Yamaha aren't paying him a lot. To have 7th as you worst performance for a year is pretty damn good, though.

Also, Lin will be happy that he stayed behind Jorge.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices