Skip to content

Discuss This Title thoughts creeping in for Marc Marquez MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Title thoughts creeping in for Marc Marquez

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Title thoughts creeping in for Marc Marquez

Laguna Seca MotoGP winner Marc Marquez has admitted he has started to think about the prospect of becoming the first rookie to win the premier class title since American legend Kenny Roberts in 1978. A series of impressive performances in winter testing saw the Spaniard spend most of his time playing down sky-high expectations that he could emerge as a serious...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 366 days ago (22 July 2013 10:14)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Once again..

Head tea-bagging Stoner num-num, H5, is way too quick off the mark to defend his boyfriend.

He loves Casey so much, the truth escapes.

Stoner the Moaner is so named for a reason. The Australian is a serial whiner, with the bottom lip unfurling at all sorts and is a seriously miserable bore..no wonder the prickly hedgehog identifies with him.

All racers get the hump once in a while..and that episode was Rossi's. He never held a grudge against Elias like Stoner has with him. A grudge so bad, it fked his head and retired him early.

If I had a pound for every time dull boy hedgey has put a link up to that story - 7 years ago - I'd be able to pay for a months course at Ohlins for Nostro to learn about suspension.  

Reply to this Topic
rocketri17

May 12

rocketri17 says:

wosi

gold as usual. MM in my mind will take the championship. Pedrosa? Nah.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

so Wosi, that hypocrite Stoner

not content with getting pissed off for no reason at all other than almost being torpedoed through no fault of his own at LS 08, then had the temerity to be annoyed about actually being torpedoed at Jerez 2011.

What's worse, having been totally broken by Rossi's machismo whilst riding a Ducati he somehow  managed to unbreak after about 1 lap on an HRC bike in the 2010 Valencia post season test just to annoy you guys.

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Marquez Title... he is special

Don't beat me up for stating the obvious but my point is this. There has been a wealth of protege young guns groomed and expected to dominate like Doohan and Rossi. Namely Pedrosa, Lorenzo, The Pog, and Stoner too. Did I miss anyone? Maybe. ***** Anyway, although Rossi is a very astute purveyor of the trade, he is as much learner as natural and a permanent legend all the same. Not since Spencer has a rider stunned and wreaked havoc in the thoughts of the press and competitors alike. ***** Ago, Rossi, and Doohan have the numbers, had the machines, and the ability to put it all together to dominate an entire era. But Mr. Marquez. regardless of the number of titles and wins eventually attained, is firmly enshrined with the amazing riders that have confounded expert riders and fans alike. Saarinen, Hailwood, Roberts, and Spencer. ***** Saarinen for his hang off style and blistering speed. Hailwood to successfully ride and win on anything and everything. Roberts total belief he was better than anyone (and back it up) and adapt to tyres and tracks. Spencer's natural ability, insane speed (even on cold tyres) using techniques like pushing the front tyre to finish braking, and controlling vicious wheel spin with the rear brake! ***** I am not talking about a personality contest here, though all were popular in their own right. Though Marquez is beatable, others achieve the same lean angles (less stylishly) and lap times, there is something that is a bit different. The biggest personality in the sport before Rossi, one Barry Sheene, named his son Freddie as he was so amazed by Spencer's natural ability. As Rossi surfs the twilight of his career just as Sheene in the early 80's could we see, in a few years time, a little Marc Rossi racing round the mini moto circuit on the adriatic coast? Or possibly out of respect, Grazziano Marc Rossi??? If there is never to be an heir to the Rossi throne then one of his mutts will definitely be a Marquez! ***** As another Italian legend put to Eddie Lawson on the phone..... Ciao Mama's!!!!

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

no doubt willie

that MM is a massive talent, a good chance of winning the championship, and of all things has managed to mainly stay on the bike and uninjured in comparison with 2 of his more experienced and best equipped rivals.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Beautifully put Willie.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

"If I had a pound for every time dull boy hedgey has put a link up to that story - 7 years ago - I'd be able to pay for a months course at Ohlins for Nostro to learn about suspension."

... & if I had a quid for every dullard with a short memory (cos it was only a year difference) who brought up Stoner "throwing his toys" from 2008 I'd be far richer. I didn't bring up the subject... by your definition "dull boy" hello46 did... &, with your lengthy comment on it, your definition extends to you of course.... dull, dull, dull!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
gixanator

May 13

gixanator says:

not very succinct Willie but well put. Marc is special and he does remind me of a young Rossi. His career is frighteningly similar to Vales up to now. Jorge wont let this go without a fight which means we could see some good racing coming up. Dani needs to assert his authority within the team but Im not sure he knows how. Who has the answer to Marc? No-one at the moment unless Jorge can get race fit in a hurry.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

no sheep till buxton

great maclads song that is, i heard mm had it on his playlist. id say it jorge and mm for the title ,unless rossi gets sorted even more and shows em why he is rossi.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Willie

Beautifully put Willie.

------------------------------------------

I agree with 'wosi' (above). The only thing that troubles me is that when MM continues to dominate the class the calls of 'boring' will be filling these boards from certain quarters (if they're still here by then) rather than an appreciation of talent doing what talent does best.

Time will tell I guess.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices