Skip to content

Discuss This Rossi expected more errors from rookie Marquez MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Rossi expected more errors from rookie Marquez

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Rossi expected more errors from rookie Marquez

Valentino Rossi believed 2013 MotoGP rookie sensation Marc Marquez would have made more mistakes at the start of his premier class career after the Spaniard claimed a stunning victory on his Laguna Seca debut. The Repsol Honda rider heads into the summer break with a healthy 16-point lead in the championship having only failed to the finish on the podium once...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 July 2013 11:13)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Yes GYTR

difference is Rossi won it 7 times.

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Special!!!

Don't beat me up for stating the obvious but my point is this. There has been a wealth of protege young guns groomed and expected to dominate like Doohan and Rossi. Namely Pedrosa, Lorenzo, The Pog, and Stoner too. Did I miss anyone? Maybe. ***** Anyway, although Rossi is a very astute purveyor of the trade, he is as much learner as natural and a permanent legend all the same. Not since Spencer has a rider stunned and wreaked havoc in the thoughts of the press and competitors alike. ***** Ago, Rossi, and Doohan have the numbers, had the machines, and the ability to put it all together to dominate an entire era. But Mr. Marquez. regardless of the number of titles and wins eventually attained, is firmly enshrined with the amazing riders that have confounded expert riders and fans alike. Saarinen, Hailwood, Roberts, and Spencer. ***** Saarinen for his hang off style and blistering speed. Hailwood to successfully ride and win on anything and everything. Roberts total belief he was better than anyone (and back it up) and adapt to tyres and tracks. Spencer's natural ability, insane speed (even on cold tyres) using techniques like pushing the front tyre to finish braking, and controlling vicious wheel spin with the rear brake! ***** I am not talking about a personality contest here, though all were popular in their own right. Though Marquez is beatable, others achieve the same lean angles (less stylishly) and lap times, there is something that is a bit different. The biggest personality in the sport before Rossi, one Barry Sheene, named his son Freddie as he was so amazed by Spencer's natural ability. As Rossi surfs the twilight of his career just as Sheene in the early 80's could we see, in a few years time, a little Marc Rossi racing round the mini moto circuit on the adriatic coast? Or possibly out of respect, Grazziano Marc Rossi??? If there is never to be an heir to the Rossi throne then one of his mutts will definitely be a Marquez! ***** As another Italian legend put to Eddie Lawson on the phone..... Ciao Mama's!!!!

Reply to this Topic
oily1984

Mar 09

oily1984 says:

ivebeenthehero

I know Rossi also won on titles on 125, 250 & 500cc 2-strokes but, given he only won one WC in each class I wouldn't say he dominated in the era, if only due to a matter of timing as he was clearly talented enough on a 2-stroke that even without the switch I would expect him to still of dominated.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

I have a sense

of de ja vue?

Reply to this Topic
Revilo612

Jul 13

Revilo612 says:

I expected more mistakes as well

But I was expecting him to have the pace, and he does. With all these wins he's picking up, it will be extremely difficult for Pedrosa and Lorenzo to beat him once they get back to full fitness, assuming both get full confidence back in their respective machines, if they don't it will be a long time before another young rider steps up to the challenge.

Reply to this Topic
gixanator

May 13

gixanator says:

i can see what you're saying Oily but he won both the smaller championships after one season to get used to the pressure , then winning it, that's pretty impressive which is why he wasn't left to "dominate" either class, Honda wanted him on the big bike so promotion was swift and deserved looking at his record in the big class.

Reply to this Topic
gixanator

May 13

gixanator says:

Revilo, do you know how much time either will get on the bike before the next round? I'm not sure if they'll be restricted to "normal" testing programmes or will they be allowed more time due to their condition? As good as Hondas Fireblade and Yam's R1 are for trackdays they're not really any match for a full on prototype so you may be right, if Jorge and Dani have restricted access to their steeds Marc is most definitely heading for the drivers seat as far as the 2nd half of the (cracking) season goes.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

mm

i heard he has been taking sheep shearing lessons from a great thing from far far away welshland,from a things that lives in the bog of eternal stench and looks like a sheep shite full body suit style onsi on legs,but i could be mistaken baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa abbbbbbbbbbbbbbabababaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa abaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa baaaaaaaaaaaaa baaaaaaaaa baaaaaaaaa baaaaaa baaaa baa ba ba

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

I don't think Dani went to Laguna because of Jorge or vice versa. I think they both went because Marquez has a genuine shot at the title this year and they can't afford to give him too much headstart.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices