Skip to content

Discuss This Rossi expected more errors from rookie Marquez MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Rossi expected more errors from rookie Marquez

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Rossi expected more errors from rookie Marquez

Valentino Rossi believed 2013 MotoGP rookie sensation Marc Marquez would have made more mistakes at the start of his premier class career after the Spaniard claimed a stunning victory on his Laguna Seca debut. The Repsol Honda rider heads into the summer break with a healthy 16-point lead in the championship having only failed to the finish on the podium once...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 July 2013 11:13)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

I for one

thought that young Marquez would have had a few accidents and I am glad he is proving me wrong. As said before there is a future multiple world champion.Brilliant

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

wait....

He has already had a few and a big one as well at almost 200mph!
I think nearly everybody expected Marc to be launching himself into space more often than he has done.
These guys ride so close to the limit a few offs are part of their season and a lot depends on luck on the outcome.
Just look at poor Dani season after season of crashes that put him out of championship contention.
Looks like the same as happened to Jorge this season.
Marquez looked in control at Laguna (apart from the Rossi overtake) and I can only see him getting stronger as the season goes on.
He has immense talent and a great spirit towards racing just like Rossi and I wish him and all the riders the best of luck.

Reply to this Topic
oily1984

Mar 09

oily1984 says:

This could be his year already which is almost unbelievable. His speed wasn't a surprise but, his consistency of performance and ability to tuck and roll when the shit hits the fan marks him out as Rossi's heir apparent in my eyes. Throw in a good dose of personality and he's going win over the crowds and be the leading star for the next decade atleast.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

I guess...

Maybe he expected Bradl to make a huge mistake aswell. No cigar. Put the clown on a sattelite Yamaha and let him have a go at it. Lets face it, he would be hard pressed to run with Espargaro on Biaggi's ART in CRT. Blessed boy. Meantime Ducati have to deal with the Rossi era wreckage. No Suppo,No Preziosi,no Stoner,no Gabarini....GLOAT indeed. Nice one Marc. Rossi doesn't know when to open his mouth nor when to shut it and that makes him a fool Crikey! Questioning Suppo's opinion on the Marquez pass and the retort he got emphasises the point

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Therein lies a problem oily

The next Rossi. Marc definitely ain't the next Rossi. He's the first Marquez .Get over it.

Reply to this Topic
pannyderosa

Jan 13

pannyderosa says:

bootlegger

what's your problem seems like you need help you sad little man.

Reply to this Topic
Bullshrimp

Apr 13

Bullshrimp says:

'' Rossi doesn't know when to open his mouth nor when to shut it and that makes him a fool Crikey! Questioning Suppo's opinion on the Marquez pass and the retort he got emphasises the point''

Thought that was PR gold myself.

Reply to this Topic
oily1984

Mar 09

oily1984 says:

Bootlegger

I never said he was the next Rossi in fact I absolutely agree he is his own man and will be the benchmark for others. The point I was making is that love him or loathe him Rossi has been the most popular and successful rider in the recent era (Post 2-stroke) but he is aging and in his twilight, Marquez in my opinion will be the most popular and successful rider of the upcoming era.

So clearly you misunderstood my post fair enough, hope you can get over it and read objectively in the future.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

4 stroke era?

Rossi best rider in 4 stroke era?? Rossi has done the business on the 2 strokes as well. He was easily the top Yamaha at the weekend as well.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Of course Rossi is the best rider in the four stroke era easily besides Hayden, Stoner and Lorenzo who else has won the MotoGP world championship.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices