Skip to content

Discuss This Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan

Double world champion Casey Stoner will make a dramatic return to MotoGP action next month when he tests a factory Honda RC213V at the Twin Ring Motegi track in Japan, MCN can reveal. The outspoken but blindingly fast Australian, who retired from MotoGP immediately after the final race of 2012 in Valencia last November, will take part in a two-day test...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 July 2013 15:00)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Here we go again

Yellow Oompa Loompa's  v.  Orange Munchkins   -   this could run forever.

I say to HRC - make it possible for Stoner to return and let's watch Marquez whip his ass.

Here's a thought - is Bradl being groomed for Pedro's departure ?    Just a thought for a new debate.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

you will have to remind me

SM of the truths I had forgotten. How many wins was it that Stoner had for Ducati?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

I don't think

he will come back, and if he does I would prefer it to be for Ducati or Suzuki (or Yamaha; that might be interesting).

I strongly doubt he is destitute, given he refused 20 million dollars a year last year, more than Honda had ever offered anyone, and probably quite a bit more than Yamaha paid Edwards to be a test rider; why did they need to have a test rider actually running in the races, btw?

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Why did they DF

I reckon the only way accurately assess new parts is to test them under racing conditions.  A test rider riding on his own on a private test track can't tell how they will perform in race conditions.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

I like your thinking Saturn

He has sponsorship in place with red bull and is starting to show signs of improving, plus both Moto 2 champions, that would be a realistic scenario and a good move by HRC. Thanks for that insight Bob, but Rossi's time on the bike it must have changed, I saw a photo on the interweb somewhere and it looked like the Ducatis engine is more upright now than it was so more v twin than L twin if you catch my drift.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

V4 sorry

Doh!!!

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Seriously..?

I'd love to see him back..and not just to take the piss out of his fans, although it's always a pleasure.

The boy is an enigma. On his day, there's probably been nobody quicker..and for a talent of his magnitude to sit on the side-lines for reasons I'm not sure even he understands, is borderline criminal.

If it does happen, it'll be interesting to hear where he thinks the series has changed for the better and how, to allow his return...or whether he's grown up enough to say he wanted some time out, feels refreshed and has simply missed the sport.

Personally, I have reservations due to the intense nature of his criticisms when he left and, an interview recently where he stated he was 'done' with GP.

Still..it wouldn't be the first time he's said one thing and done another and I'd be happy to put a lid on calling him out for back-flipping contradictory statements, to see him line up on the grid at Qatar 2015..temporarily of course. 

http://motomatters.com/news/2013/06/14/casey_stoner_rules_out_a_return_again_i_.html

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

The truth df about stoners attempt

to bluff dorna into giving him what he wants or else he'll stomp off in a little huff!

Its a good job stoner has a penchent for fishing and not poker or he'd be mugging old ladies for drugs money by now like that other australian hero anthony gobert!

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Now THAT was an entertainer!

Reply to this Topic
bushy1

Dec 11

bushy1 says:

Wosi what are you going to say when Casey does some testing for Honda gives them feed back and then races next year and wins the championship?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices