Skip to content

Discuss This Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan

Double world champion Casey Stoner will make a dramatic return to MotoGP action next month when he tests a factory Honda RC213V at the Twin Ring Motegi track in Japan, MCN can reveal. The outspoken but blindingly fast Australian, who retired from MotoGP immediately after the final race of 2012 in Valencia last November, will take part in a two-day test...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 July 2013 15:00)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

well well

I would not in the least be surprised if stoner made a comeback, for a couple of reasons: 1) everyone keeps comparing him to marquez, and he wants to test his mettle against the young star, and 2) just as importantly or maybe even more so, moto gp looks fun this year when stoner watches it from home.Home /V8s must be a bit dull in comparison. Even if theyhate it, a celebs biggest nightmare is to becompletely forgotten about because of a new star. Anyone besides me think stoner would have been quite happy to see moto gp suck this year without him? Instead its the best championship EVER, and he's not there. Ouch for casey!  Im sure he would love to be battling in the midst of a 6 rider battle for the title.

It definitely feels like stoner is testing the waters for a possible comeback in14. Im not a fan of stoner's, although i admire that he is fast as hell. While there is no doubt in my mind that he would be in the mix for the title, I think the paddock is more fun because the top 5are only separated by 47 points so the championship still has lots of possibilities, but the paddock is also happier this year because buzz-kill stoner is not there. He will come back, and everyone will go off to their RV's,  leaving a ghost town!lol

Seriously though,  it looks like stoner wants to see if hes still fast(of course he will be), and then return in 2014. No matter how complicated any factory(honda) would provide him with a full factory spec protype....See ya Alvaro...Team Gresini is used to winners...

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

You misunderstand pc

stoner tried to twist dorna's arm up its back because he couldn't get the tyres he needs to win. A move which has spectacularly backfired, forcing stoner to return (if he can) with his tail between his legs. I seriously doubt stoner ever really wanted to quit, but once his threat was issued, and Espeleta called his bluff, he had no choice but to go fishing.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

I'd probably agree with you Soup...

...with the arrival of Marquez, Stoner's departure was softened greatly and maybe we didn't miss him as much as we thought. But, if he were to return, only a madman would dismiss the idea as surplus to requirements. Are you mad?...

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

mario

stoner tried to twist dorna's arm up its back because he couldn't get the tyres he needs to win.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He's not the first to try this tactic. Just the first Alien to fail maybe? Had he had the following that Vale has then 'maybe' certain changes would never have been thought of let alone implemented. Who knows bud.

Casey is many things to many people but I truly doubt that any of us believe that he believes he is bigger than the sport. But equally you may be right.   

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Rainman

no comment

=)

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

Why ask stoner?

Why is HRC asking moaner to help with the 2014 machine?. Are honda worried about pedrosa & Marquez development skills?. Something isn't right is it, or is moaner about to announce a comeback?

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Benny

Top-tip. Stop leading with your chin.

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

The simple truth is

That v8 supercars suck.