Skip to content

Discuss This Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan

Double world champion Casey Stoner will make a dramatic return to MotoGP action next month when he tests a factory Honda RC213V at the Twin Ring Motegi track in Japan, MCN can reveal. The outspoken but blindingly fast Australian, who retired from MotoGP immediately after the final race of 2012 in Valencia last November, will take part in a two-day test...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 July 2013 15:00)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

And just to back up

what I said, BMW are pulling out of bike racing to concentrate on the sub 500 cc market in south east asia and Brazil.

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

Alex, Honda have far more racing activities than BMW. They currently have a HRC Dakar team that is run solely in house. There is also the factory motocross team in MX1. Now we are just talking about two wheel racing, there is also the WTCC factory racing team that kicked off this year aswell as in 2015, Honda will be providing FREE engines to the Mclaren F1 team. It safe to say that in Hondas eyes, they see the economy getting back to how it was. And if the economy ever did plunge to how it was in 2009, im sure Honda would have no hesitation in pulling the plug in the other championships, and keep the motogp team alive. They did that in 2008, and im sure they would do that again.

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

bmw

typical BMW really, they never have a sustained commitment to motorsport. F1-quit, Le mans- quit, WSBK - quit, WRC (BMW-Mini)-quit, WTCC - quit, DTM - quit, then come back, (probably quit in the near future)... Thats just their ethos i suppose. Good to see Aquarius is still alive!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ElDiabolico

Jul 13

ElDiabolico says:

Doohanfan

Absolutelly, Checa used the terminollogy 1st and indeed referring to Doohan but afterwards it was forgotten... After C. Edwards brought it back to live, everyone uses it.

I understand that you want to give credit to your compatriot for all the good things happening in the sport but in these one you are wrong.

Reply to this Topic
ElDiabolico

Jul 13

ElDiabolico says:

Alex

Thank you very much.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

rectum's

eld and benny.. enough said. stoner has caused so much drama we just cant get enough,marmite springs to mind.

Reply to this Topic
ElDiabolico

Jul 13

ElDiabolico says:

just for you Aquarius

I guess you are Australian.

Stoner was a fantastic rider but... He was not Mick Doohan and he certainly was no Valentino Rossi.

You realize that I am talking in the past cuase now he has retired from competition to race V8 cars and fish in peace with his beloved wife.

ps. We know he is going to try the new RCVs.

What Marc Marquez has achieved goes beyond any other rider as a roockie. We are still following his adaptation to the 'big bikes' with much more to come...

Your obsession on comparing Stoner's 2 championships with the best bikes by far on every year is ridiculous. When the japs closed the gap, the Ducrapi went backwards and after the 'pans down' seamless year when Yamaha stepped up her game, he retired.

Please send him MM regards. We would love to see him back to get destroyed but I believe he lacks the balls to even try...

Reply to this Topic
ElDiabolico

Jul 13

ElDiabolico says:

Ridge

"Good to see Aquarius is still alive!"

Oh oh! What a coincidence... Aquarious came to life the same moment Casey comes to live...

Are you Mr. Stoner? If yes, fuck you very much for entertaining us.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

the term may possibly have been forgotten

El D, because of a distinct lack of aliens.

Not that Valentino isn't one, if they exist, of course. I just find it amusing that a term applied singularly to Mick Doohan is now applied more generally, by people who don't remember its provenance which was from a Spanish rider no less. Neither do I have a problem with Carlos, apart from the WSBK torpedo, one of the most egregious ever in any form of bike racing.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

What is

A marmite spring?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale