Skip to content

Discuss This Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan

Double world champion Casey Stoner will make a dramatic return to MotoGP action next month when he tests a factory Honda RC213V at the Twin Ring Motegi track in Japan, MCN can reveal. The outspoken but blindingly fast Australian, who retired from MotoGP immediately after the final race of 2012 in Valencia last November, will take part in a two-day test...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 July 2013 15:00)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Hmm

Not sure I'd like to see Marquez blow Casey anywhere. Guess as long as those weeds are really long they can do what they like.

Yawn yourself, Cameron. There are dickheads on all sides.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

So what you're saying Rainman

is that HRC and stoner are like Romeo and Juliet? I think there may need to be some Private Investigations, because if memory serves that partnership didn't work out too well.

Reply to this Topic
Revilo612

Jul 13

Revilo612 says:

I expect him to still be fast

Whether he will come back or not I don't know, I wouldn't have thought so, as he seems to be the kind of person who sticks to his decisions. It's a shame he isn't in MotoGP this year, as the racing clearly is better, with six guys capable of winning rather than just the three of last year, which if I'm not mistaken was the reason he left. I think the moaning criticism is a bit un-called for, one of the things I like about him is that he speaks his mind, so I hope he comes back, it would be a good battle with Marquez, Pedrosa, Lorenzo, Rossi, Crutchlow and Bradl, very good indeed.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

mm army

jumping on the bandwagon when he has done what compared to stoner??,in 2 seasons time you may have a case,but dont forget to finish a race first you must finish,mm is a massive boost for gp viewers i totally agree, but ive gotta amdit i do miss the casey sotner fast qp laps and massive gap race finishes and stand ups,casey would do ducati again i fell,just because he could. baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Adriana wouldn't let him... ??

More of your insider information Buell?

Guess she told you that when you dropped in for a coffee one morning

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Well Soup's, Japan is So Far Away..

..so I guess anything will happen. Maybe Casey should bring a Six Blade knife just in case things get tricky with Nakamoto ( see below ). Whatever happens, I'm sure we'll read all about it from The Lady Writer...

Reply to this Topic
gixanator

May 13

gixanator says:

I hope Casey is just helping Honda out and not considering a comeback, the days of Hailwood coming back after 11 years are long gone, the bikes are evolving at an astonishing rate. So what if his wife won't let him, she's got a young family and is no doubt very aware of the WSB situation at the weekend. I suppose none of us listen to our wives/girlfriends and do just exactly as we please? If i were a customer for Hondas new proddie racer i'd like to know that a former (and not too long ago) champion had helped fine tune it and Honda know that it's a USP for their product, Yamaha have dyno graphs etc to "prove" the worth of their motor but Honda can say "Casey Stoner tuned". Win-win for both i reckon.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

...Mattilda Birt?

All this musing is fairly pointless methinks. Even if stoner comes back, the game changed with the arrival of Marquez. I remember the first time I saw him ride the big bike in Arabia. He was like the Sultan of Swing

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Can’t blame the guy for wanting a bit of global attention again after going into the relative wilderness of mid-pack V8’s.Presumably this is just to satisfy a whim from Casey to prove he is still quick to himself. He hasn’t really carried his natural speed on 2 wheels to his 4 wheel venture.
He’s probably just wanting to remind himself how good he can be…even though it is in a bike class he has admitted to hating. Certainly Honda have managed to produce a spectacular bike without him and swapped him for a pretty amazing replacement. I’ve no doubt Casey will probably jump straight on and equal or beat MM or DP’s time. He is naturally superfast on any bike. Maybe absence has made the heart grow fonder?

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

A possible reaction by Honda perhaps to the news that Yamaha are now going to provide a frame kit with their engine. They've already said their engine will be Tech3 (Crutchlow) spec which may make it a better engine than the proddy Honda one. In a bespoke chassis, it may not have bothered Honda, but now it will be in Yamaha's chassis, maybe they want to ensure that their proddy bike is definitely the better proposition and comes out top of that little battle - so get Stoner to wring it's neck and see it's potential. Looking forward to seeing the difference in lap time from the factory bike.

Still don't see the point as whatever you call it, it's still a 2nd tier series within the main bill. And the main bill will still only consist of 4 seats worth having if you want to win - unless Yamaha are willing to keep the upgrades coming to Tech3. I'm still suspiscious of the sudden upturn in the performance of the satellite Hondas. Makes you wonder what Honda have just done and just how close they really were to factory until very recently. I can't believe a switch to Brembos is solely responsible for Bradl's upturn. And all of a sudden Bautista's Nissins and Showas seemed to be working well - or maybe something else...  Who knows.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices