Skip to content

Discuss This Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan

Double world champion Casey Stoner will make a dramatic return to MotoGP action next month when he tests a factory Honda RC213V at the Twin Ring Motegi track in Japan, MCN can reveal. The outspoken but blindingly fast Australian, who retired from MotoGP immediately after the final race of 2012 in Valencia last November, will take part in a two-day test...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 July 2013 15:00)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Let's not wet our knickers just yet girls...

..the chances of Stoner coming back this season are slim at best, so these ramblings are moot until we have any official word. More importantly, write Pedrosa off at your peril - he's still a class act and if he can get himself fit, he's the one to watch.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

chr

correct when dani is fit he is the fastest starter(even with casey on a honda present)and when he breaks the tow he does clear off,so much respect im just saying how long can he not win the championship for on a honda?i mean cal is no spokesman but im sure he would make full use of that rcv,or bradl's or bautista's. just a minute i forgot one things to add. bbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa baaaaaaaaaaaaa baaaaa sorry i just could not resist.

Reply to this Topic
gixanator

May 13

gixanator says:

maybe they can put Dani on a Stoner set up bike Fog!!!! Seriously, Dani was the "man" 8 seasons ago and even had a bike built around him, Honda decided to apply the Colin Chapman ethos but i don't think CC ever meant adding lightness to the driver was the answer! Marc is to Honda now what Dani should have been 6-7 seasons ago and even Puig is going to have difficulty selling Dani after this season and next when his contracts up. Dovi was never drafted in to win the WC in my opinion, he was always going to be test/development (at the time Honda were in thrall of Dani, the lighter the better and he gets what he wants) and did a very good job but one win(?) in 3 seasons on a full works Repsol Honda isn't going to add too many noughts to your contract. Shame really because Dovi was a good rider and had Honda invested a bit more in him he may have achieved a better CV. C'est la vie, the record books are littered with wasted riders and opportunities but factorys have an agenda and even to this day, the WC is what counts, I was never convinced the factorys put more store in the constructors crown. Dani, in my opinion, is too small and not strong enough for the big class plus he breaks so very easily.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

fog

im just saying how long can he not win the championship for on a honda?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Obviously Honda aren't that concerned so why should you be? MM (as we all guessed) is the way forward and Dani is a great No2, as he has been for the majority of his career. I can't think of anyone else who could currently replace him..............so why would Honda? 

Reply to this Topic
gixanator

May 13

gixanator says:

CHR, the crucial words in EVERY post proposing that writing off Dani is "if he can stay fit". He has been fit at least 3 of those seasons and still couldn't manage it. mind you, 8 years on alien money with no WC is class, i'll give you that. By the way, i had Dani down for this season because he was fit and yet it looks like he's not going to do it again. Do Honda give him another year (contractually they must) or do they look around for a better prospect. Surely at some point even the mighty Honda have to take a punt.

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

Ducati, so Casey how much will it cost us to tempt you back

Casey, A 20 million Euros offer from you would be a good starting point but understand i'm talking to Honda

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Pc

You could be right,Alex criville also played second fiddle till Doohan had to sadly retire but will dani be ok with this bein no2 as u say,I personally have not got a problem with it I'm just saying.

Reply to this Topic
TTdaft

Jan 13

TTdaft says:

Politics

It could also be.....

a) a great bit of motivating by repsol....let dani think his seat is going to CS next year?

or b) shift dani next season and get a proven winner.......with a new hunger?

money is no object......it was rumoured that they offered CS the world not to leave last year!

With MM and CS they could dominate Yam for years and that is what honda really want, complete domination!

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Moto 1