Skip to content

Discuss This Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan

Double world champion Casey Stoner will make a dramatic return to MotoGP action next month when he tests a factory Honda RC213V at the Twin Ring Motegi track in Japan, MCN can reveal. The outspoken but blindingly fast Australian, who retired from MotoGP immediately after the final race of 2012 in Valencia last November, will take part in a two-day test...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 July 2013 15:00)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

hugelean

Thoughtful and insightful, a truely inspired post.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

I thought you 27ers

liked it when people spoke their mind! Just no pleasing some people

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

I guess people only appreciate it from those that have a mind...

Reply to this Topic
burnthouse

May 12

burnthouse says:

donkey boy on Honda

Apart from the fact that Casey reminds me of a donkey the same way that Marcez reminds me of Daffy duck; I would be happy for the two of them to race one on one... on a little island of their own... somewhere in the southern hemisphere... say Australia....

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Motogp is a sport to inspire the soul and that plenty of us work very hard to enjoy. The last thing anyone wants is someone who gets to do it and get paid telling us it's shyte.. caseys not on his own, he has not been singled out, a top sportsman with his attitude would get a right fucking in any sport, there just aren't many that are that fucking stupid. Most Aussies still love cricket despite the last fortnight and some of the decisions, you don't here them saying well I like batting/bowling but fuck the ashes.. Anyone who thinks casey is right to come back into the limelight that he shuns to remind everyone that he thinks the sport is shyte is just as fucking bad..

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Is this really true?

What Marc Marquez has achieved goes beyond any other rider as a roockie. We are still following his adaptation to the 'big bikes' with much more to come...

2008 and Lorenzo made the same sort of impact, against Pedrosa, Rossi and Stoner who were all flying. Lorenzo was not on the same spec bike as Rossi and had the inferior (so labelled by all Rossi fans due to 2007) Michelin tyres. First race on pole, first three races on the podium, winning either the second or third, I can't remember. But then came the crashes trying to keep up on the lower spec bike.

Marquez is a superb talent no question and he won Indy fair and square, but he's on equal equipment to his team mate, a bike that is equal to the M1, so unlike Lorenzo there is no handicap with equipment. On form so far he has won once when both Pedrosa and Lorenzo have ridden against him uninjured. Of his latest two wins, one race didn't have either Pedrosa or Lorenzo in it, the other they were both riding injured leaving him with Rossi and satellite bikes to deal with. In both, a satellite bike has pushed him close to the finish. Not Marquez problem but would the result have been the same had they both been in those races fully fit.

The hype may be starting to build beyond reality. He's brilliant no doubt, but he's not necessarily any better than Lorenzo or Rossi in their first season. If Stoner had gone staright to a factory bike in his rookie year instead of a new to Motogp privateer bike, who knows what would have happened there.

The championship isn't done yet by a long way

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Winston Churchill

Big days in old Blighty I guess. 'Nevermore was as much euphoria generated by a test rider in the history of the game of MGP'. The arrival of another Prince (George the umpteenth,I guess),not be confused with the real George,the Mallorcan GP Ace. The announcement that a GP ex racer will test a bunch of 1000cc 4 stroke bikes in Japan. Big deal within the general context of putting food on the table.

200+ posts and counting. Jeez, Carmello wishes he'd been putting pressure on The Marlboro Man back then....2007 through 2010 in favour of the Aussie rather than channeling everything into Jarvis' aspirations. 

Long old story.  

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Buell

Nice to see you're as big a hypocrite as ever with your claim that you don't criticise or snipe at any of the riders

What's this then?

He a great asset to Honda.He was a major factor in sorting out the bike the year before Casey came along!

Another thinly veiled snipe at someone only winning because he benefitted from being on the 'best' bike developed by someone else.

Shallow - and piss poor.

Funny how this great asset only developed it into a winner in 2011 isn't it after 5 years of trying. Nothing to do with the rider riding it to wins of course when two others couldn't.

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

would love te see one of these super slow mows of Stoner drifting.

Bultoboy,     Stoner didn't slag the sport off just the polotics,can ye blame him with Carmelo engineering things to his ideals,his ideals.

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

I just think it's an astute bit of marketing from Honda. This is what the factory bike can do, this is was the production racer can do in the hands of a world class rider. Gives a direct comparison for any customers currently on the fence such as Aspar.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices