Skip to content

Discuss This Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan

Double world champion Casey Stoner will make a dramatic return to MotoGP action next month when he tests a factory Honda RC213V at the Twin Ring Motegi track in Japan, MCN can reveal. The outspoken but blindingly fast Australian, who retired from MotoGP immediately after the final race of 2012 in Valencia last November, will take part in a two-day test...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 July 2013 15:00)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Sorry Wosi, you've got the scatters again! What was it you didn't agree with?

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

unfortunately for you wosi

the facts/statistics are inexorable. 23 wins by Stoner on an 800 Ducati, 1 by anyone else, and that rider was not Valentino Rossi, and was in a wet race which Stoner didn't need to win.

I personally think that the 800 Ducati was peculiarly unsuited to Valentino, and peculiar overall, but can argue differently if you insist. The fact is that the world and his wife (unfortunately including Valentino, JB, Carmelo, and you) thought the Ducati up until 2011 was a fast bike which could be easily fixed. You were all wrong, the 2011 bike like the 2010 bike which preceded it was a fundamentally flawed unstable bike. The 2009 bike, carbon fibre and all, didn't seem particularly problematic, for Stoner anyway, when he was healthy.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Owned

BaaaaaaaaaA

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Yeah DF..and only 4 in 2009, followed by 3 in 2010..at the end of the year when Lorenzo was playing safe for a title and Val & Dani were coming back from injury..just like Rossi's had it easy the last few races and it means fk all, eh?

You Drongos think he'd have been winning races 2011 and 2012 on Preziosi's CF bastard?

Hahaha...now't as queer as Stoner folk.

Oh and Bobby boy..I think you know what I mean about comparing DNS against DNF.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Prehaps

we could talk about Jay Vincent on the pulse 500CC?..........................I'll get me coat.

Reply to this Topic
ElDiabolico

Jul 13

ElDiabolico says:

Hedgi

It is you against the world.

I didn't stated all those facts. they are from FIM, Gizmag, YouTube, Wikipedia and Stoner himself ('People keep talking about the Ducati's top speed, but they forget that the bike goes round corners brilliantly as well, it's an allround brillant package")

and "Casey Stoner was able to consistently ride away from Valentino Rossi " Exactly what I said... Rossi had a problem... & that's what you remember...

you conveniently forgot the rest of the phrase bud: "...along the main straight of the Losail circuit, leaving the Yamaha team baffled by their lack of power in comparison."

Now we have to believe that what everyone accepted as a fact, that the 2007 Ducati with Bridgestones was the best bike by far is crap because Hedgihog5 says it... Nope, sorry.

It's facts vs fiction and you are talking to conaisseurs my spiky friend.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Eldiabolic...

"It is you against the world."

Nope... what he said about Stoner pulling away from Rossi was perfectly correct... why was Rossi up to 11kph slower than a satellite Yamaha?

"leaving the Yamaha team baffled by their lack of power in comparison"

I'm sure they were... note it says the YAMAHA team... not Honda... not Suzuki... not Kawasaki... exactly as I said. Ducati didn't have a significant advantage... Yamaha were slower than the rest of the field, & Rossi was all too often slower than his satellite team members.

It's facts & the rest of the world against your interpretation of the myth... :wink:

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

its all in the past

get over it, lets just hope stoner decides to come back when he is good and ready and ready to fight with mm,rossi wont come close by the time its his return,things since have changed but the most gifted rider ever to ride a gp bike however wont ever change.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

I might hit the crack pipe every now and again..

..but even through my drug addled gaze, I'm savvy to your underhanded games Wosi. You've told us nothing about the 'so called' real reasons why HRC would want Casey back. Just a load of lob-sided guff that only means something to the yellow pantie brigade. C'mon, what's the real reason?...

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

It's Nakamoto CHR

He wants him back. He probably feels a little guilty at how he let Casey go off the rails after the Sachsenring.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices