Skip to content

Discuss This Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan

Double world champion Casey Stoner will make a dramatic return to MotoGP action next month when he tests a factory Honda RC213V at the Twin Ring Motegi track in Japan, MCN can reveal. The outspoken but blindingly fast Australian, who retired from MotoGP immediately after the final race of 2012 in Valencia last November, will take part in a two-day test...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 July 2013 15:00)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

no doubt Rossi rode a great race

at LS 08 other than the single error DT.

If Stoner had come out of the Corkscrew ahead though, on that part of the track he would have been over the hills and far away, which was why Valentino was so desperate not to concede the corner. I also find it ironic that the acclaim he got from you guys for attacking Stoner's "weakness", his supposed inability to fight at close quarters, which was in reality the bike's weakness ie that the thing just wouldn't turn mid-corner, for anyone, likely contributed to his profound error of judgement in deciding to go to Ducati 2 years later in the belief that the problem was the rider and not the bike.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ElDiabolico

Jul 13

ElDiabolico says:

Stoner

Was blistering fast and surely knew how to twist the throttle, electronics or not...

But... the "mano a mano" was never his forte. I believe Marquez looks more like Rossi in that aspect, then Lorenzo and finally Pedrosa. Crutchlow still don't know, when he overtakes he usually don't get cought in scrapping. Dovi? another good one.

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Well df

I don't agree with the over the hills and far away, he was always clawing him back on the brakes, but who knows. I've never said Stoner couldn't fight at close quarters, and when Rossi signed for Ducati, I always thought it was a bad move.

Don't forget the other point of my post. To illustrate to little maid marian that I'd like Stoner back, I'm pretty sure Wosi wants Stoner back, and the only people I've heard on here wanting anyone to quit are those with an axe to grind against Rossi, or Rossi fans, or Rossi antics, or whatever bullshit reason it is this week.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

That's just a cliche Diabolico..

..check out Catalunya 2007 for proof of that. There's the sublime pass on Lorenzo at L.S and the battle with Rossi at the same track. He could mix it with the best of them, don't think he couldn't..

When was the last truly great pass Rossi put on anybody...Catalunya 2009?...that's 4 years ago and a lot of races in-between..

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

one more quote for wosi

Since he asked about spinning it up in 2007. From Stoner's ohlins techie guy

I remember the first time he rode the Ducati at the Valencia test at the end of 2006, at the long left before the last corner, he just had the throttle on the stop round there from the first lap. Sete Gibernau rode that engine and he said that thing was like riding a two-stroke screamer. He said the power was all or nothing and it was just an animal. Casey jumped on it and within half a day he was sliding it around that long left. The data bloke couldn’t believe it.

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

I also like CoolHand back

But I doubt that's going to happen either.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

sure DT

Wosi is a genuine fan of the sport, as no doubt are you.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Eldiabolic...

"But... the "mano a mano" was never his forte"

He did one less overtake in what many cite as the best race of the modern era... LS 2008... & he didn't come out second best because of a lack of speed or overtaking skills... he was faster than Rossi into a corner & had the choice of taking them both out (Jerez 2011 anyone?) or going into the dirt on his own... & remember, but for him avoiding an out of control Rossi earlier in the race, neither of them would've finished.

Reply to this Topic
ElDiabolico

Jul 13

ElDiabolico says:

CHR

Define truly great pass. Masterpieces like Laguna or Cataluna?

Agree. What was the last great pass that Stoner did? Cataluna 2007? That would also be 4 years until retired...

The difference is that Stoner was not a scrapper. It doesn't mean that he cannot overtake. It is just that Rossi raised the bar very high and it seems that for now only Marquez is performing simillarly or willing to risk enough.

Poor Simoncelli had the spirit but often failed in the execution. JL and DP are also more on the safe side. Pulling incredible moves is also related to staying on the bike... VR had also a great record on not falling after pulling his stunts.

ps. H5 in LS 2008 he had the best setup and the pole position. + Laguna is a track where usually CS destroyed the competition. His home round. What about the other races in his carrer? Name a master pass:

Reply to this Topic
ElDiabolico

Jul 13

ElDiabolico says:

Cataluna 2011

I think, not 2007. Invalid argument. Carried on by your invalid argument CHR...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices