Skip to content

Discuss This Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan

Double world champion Casey Stoner will make a dramatic return to MotoGP action next month when he tests a factory Honda RC213V at the Twin Ring Motegi track in Japan, MCN can reveal. The outspoken but blindingly fast Australian, who retired from MotoGP immediately after the final race of 2012 in Valencia last November, will take part in a two-day test...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 July 2013 15:00)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

oh ffs

Not a scrapper?

Try this

The sad fact is that modern GP racing doesn't produce many scraps.

What was the last great pass Stoner did? Laguna Seca 2011 springs to mind. Anyone who appreciates the finer points of motorcycle racing can see passes around the outside like that take a heck of a lot more skill than either Rossi or Marquez's moves at the corkscrew. Here's what Kevin Schwantz had to say about it

That was a big balls move, it took my breath away, I haven't seen anything better than that. When I saw Casey going for that move I thought, 'no f***ing way.' That corner is wide open at 300kph, flat in sixth gear over the top of a blind crest and Casey came down the outside of Jorge and just sucked the paint off his bike.

Reply to this Topic
Krapp

Apr 13

Krapp says:

He was fast...

...and now he's gone. Out of the picture. He's the past, Marquez is the present. The HRC king is dead, long live the king.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

That's not scrapping weskit..

..just a typical Stoner overtake.

Fastest bike, powering down the straight..two corners and he was toast.

Rossi is a proper scrapper and has proven he loves a battle time and time again.

Casey preferred the disappearing act and spat the dummy many times when it didn't go to plan..often blaming everything and everyone but himself afterwards.

Laguna and the corkscrew pass last week, showed the contrast compared to 2008 as clear as you like.

Stoner has a fucking great big chip on his shoulder and his fans are the same..especially the soppy Aussie ones.

Us #46ers are a happy-go-lucky bunch..we just like racing and having a good time..

:lol::lol::lol: 

Oh..and btw. I've yet to hear an explanation why Stoner won the tittle 2007 with a bigger points gap than all the points he scored in 2006..and never got close to doing the same thing again at Ducati, with more experience under his belt?

Desmo, Bridgestone, Marelli..

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ElDiabolico

Jul 13

ElDiabolico says:

Wosi covered that up West

Reply to this Topic
ElDiabolico

Jul 13

ElDiabolico says:

Westkit

A litle bit of history:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptUTtexg7xk

have a nice weekend!

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

aha

proper ... defined by you happy-go-lucky types as "what Rossi does". Fairly consistent theme actually, something common in lots of other riders is somehow elevated to greatness when Rossi does the same thing. Take your earlier comment for example about "Rossi always works to improve the bike". So does every other factory rider, but somehow it's just so special and magical when it's Vale. Happy-go-lucky types often are a bit blinkered I guess.

Not sure why you think the 2007 points gap requires an explanation. It's not exactly unusual, Lorenzo had a bigger gap in 2010.

Btw I think ElD has a crush on you.

Reply to this Topic
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

hmm

He needs to take Haydens place next year to either prove he is the only person that can ride the Ducati or not even he can anymore.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Typically obtuse weskit..

..and nowhere near good enough, although unwittingly you may just have illustrated the very point I'm trying to convey.

Every single last one of you trumped up #27ers disregard the fact - nay, go to great lengths to convince otherwise - that Stoner's GP07 had massive advantages.

It was all down to Stoner - a rookie who'd finished just 10 races at the time and was the world's number 8 - using Capirossi as a yard-stick.

Loris was an alien robbed of a title in 2006 apparently, which proves just how great Casey was of course.

Never mind Stoner never got close to repeating the feat again..or that his reults went backwards.

2007, had NOTHING to do with his bike being the best package by miles..and Stoner was right to spit the dummy and have a fkin great sack of deep-fried potatoes form on his shoulder for not getting the respect he thought he deserved..innit?

He left Rossi a winning bike that was still capable of challenging for a title don't you know?

Despite Rossi being as fast on his debut at Qatar, in comparison to Casey's rides at the circuit..he couldn't ride the bike because he finished 7th.

Rossi's development took the machine backwards, not our beloved Casey.

Nostro even went as far as to say..Stoner was no faster on the RCV of 2011, while winning 10 races and the crown, than he was in his last year at Ducati while finishing 4th behind a crocked Rossi & Pedrosa.

The competition didn't move on at all? Stoner's 2011 title was all down to him because Pedrosa hadn't managed it before and he was an alien..The Honda isn't the best bike.

Can you see the pattern fucko..?

2007 vs 2010.

Stoner went from winning the championship by 125pts..to coming 4th 158pts behind the winner.

A swing of a massive 283pts in only three seasons..WHY?

As Ducati #1, he must take his share of the blame for that abysmal statistic along with Preziosi.

Casey Stoner begged for the CF GP09 and embraced it but, the bike was no good.

Rossi & Co. pointed them in the right direction but, they were too slow on the uptake and grudgingly made changes.

Without Rossi, there would still be CF framed Ducati's wobbling around crashing behind all the CRT bikes to this very day.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Welcome to MCN Classic Tune Radio

and to our sister station MCN Samaritans

Currently playing on MCN Samaritans is a newly discovered cover version of the old Roy Orbison Classic 'Crying' by a little known artist known simply as Wosi

Whist over on MCN classics we have the latest chart topper, Casey Stoner's new cover version of Sinatra's signature tune 'I've got you under my skin' and this is dedicated to Wosi by the 27ers

Oh, and there's a message too

For fcks sake man get over it

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Haha..

ooh ooh wosi, stop rubbing my nose in shit?

Listen up Dimbo..it's wosi's duty to educate you sad fkers.

The day you stop being a stupid fanboy, is the day you'll maybe..and that's a just maybe..catch a break off me.

So buckle the fuck up and get over it yourself.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices