Skip to content

Discuss This Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan

Double world champion Casey Stoner will make a dramatic return to MotoGP action next month when he tests a factory Honda RC213V at the Twin Ring Motegi track in Japan, MCN can reveal. The outspoken but blindingly fast Australian, who retired from MotoGP immediately after the final race of 2012 in Valencia last November, will take part in a two-day test...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 356 days ago (22 July 2013 15:00)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
pogo_it

Jul 05

pogo_it says:

stats tell the story

i suppose they do Farnackle

top class championship wins (ignoring 1st year in class) vr58.3% Stoner 33.3%

all gp championship wins vr 52.9% cs 18%

championships while on works bikes vr 52.9% cs 33.3%

championships on bridgestone tyres vr 40% cs 33.3%

oh and one that CS wins

championships beaten by team mate vr 5.2% cs14.2%

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Shawno...

"He undid all of his positive attributes of being (one of) the greatest racers by constantly moaning and berating his paymasters and engineers"

Are we talking about Stoner or Rossi here?

"He moans when he's overtaken fairly "

...no, still not sure...

"So why does he want to come back?"

Ah, we must be talking about Rossi 'cos Stoner said...

"I'm still happy and comfortable with the decision I made to stop racing."

:blink:

"foresight of a seahorse"

Ah... yeah, the move to Ducati was a pretty dumb one...

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

impressive statistics pogo

which would seem to indicate that even regardless of equipment both Rossi and Stoner are rather good riders.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Pogo...

... didn't those stats change when Stoner came along tho eh?... & again with the arrival of Jorge? Even with Stoner gone it's gonna take Rossi a long time to equal his wins tally from when they raced together... if ever... he might get up to his points total tho... by the end of the year... that's a whole year without Stoner racing. Good job with the 2 championships.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
pogo_it

Jul 05

pogo_it says:

stoner a great rider

Doohanfan, I entirely agree Stoner was a fantastic rider, would be good to see him back. I am /was not a fan of his but he was an extraordinarily gifted person, much like the current factory riders. Hedge yes they did didnt they, err championships won on works bikes while stoner was riding in motogp cs 33% vr 33% so you are saying thatb rossi is as good as stoner, nice to know you feel that way. Admitedly that will fall at the end of the year, but thats because stoner retired, lets assume rossi retired after the same number of seasons racing in motogp as stoner he would have had a record of 71% compared to stoners 28%. although I am just being pedantic at this point. I would argue that its championships rather than race wins that count in the big picture, but that is just my opinion, as is that I think rossi is a better rider than stoner.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Pogo...

"so you are saying that rossi is as good as stoner,"

Rossi, along with Jorge & Pedrosa were Stoner's main adversaries & they all often beat each other & were all well matched ... the most basic statistic there is is that he beat Rossi more than Rossi beat Stoner (usually a good measure of who's better on their respective machinery)... if Rossi had been able to ride the Ducati we'd all have said yes... he couldn't & it cost him.

Reply to this Topic
pogo_it

Jul 05

pogo_it says:

hedge

Depends on your definition, I count 2 championships a piece while stoner was racing. We could go down the old road of when the races were won, who had the best bike, whether they backed them up on the same bike etc etc but its been done too many times. Rossi made a mistake going to ducati, stoner made a mistake staying after 2008. would you agree its harder to consistantly win over along period of timethan a short one, fo

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Pogo...

I prefer watching racing on the track than on the points table... either way Stoner wins in every area apart from championships, where they are level in the time they competed against each other. If that's all you watch it for then yes, in your eyes they are equal & I can see it from your point of view, but do not share it.

" Rossi made a mistake going to ducati, stoner made a mistake staying after 2008"

Rossi made a clear & considered choice to go from the championship winning bike to Ducati... Stoner had no choice either in going to Ducati (with 0 championships to its name) in 2007 or staying after 2008 other than going back to a satellite bike.

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

A

Rare pic of Casey with a smile. He will have it wiped firmly off his moaning face when he gets his ass whipped by MM :-)

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

I have always been happy Pogo

even apart from having some talent for arithmetic in my youth to call 2 championships apiece even, and to acknowledge it is actually 2 to 1 for Lorenzo against Stoner. What I have consistently argued against are the perambulations by the likes of Wosi to the effect that Stoner's 2 championships are somehow worth less than those won by others, apparently because having found a woman he liked he married her, or has large teeth or  somesuch.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices