Skip to content

Discuss This Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan

Double world champion Casey Stoner will make a dramatic return to MotoGP action next month when he tests a factory Honda RC213V at the Twin Ring Motegi track in Japan, MCN can reveal. The outspoken but blindingly fast Australian, who retired from MotoGP immediately after the final race of 2012 in Valencia last November, will take part in a two-day test...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 July 2013 15:00)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

OK Wosi

There is a precedent quite close to your heart for such an improvement in performance. Valentino Rossi 9th in his first year on a 125 in 1996, 1st with 11 wins in 1997.

Obviously the only logical explanation is that they turbocharged the engine or ran it with a 250 engine in 1997, since any rider's first year, whatever his age or equipment, indicates the limit of his potential forever.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

yet Wosi and Saturn

Honda, who actually was his employer, offered him the most money they have ever offered a racer on 4 wheels or 2, and Ducati/Audi apparently offered him large money as well, rather suggesting that they thought his ability as a rider was what was important from a business point of view, and/or that their assessment of his character based on personal rather than virtual acquaintance differs from that of a blinkered Rossi fanboi like you Wosi.  

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Desperation..

Yeah..but 2007 wasn't Stoners first year in GP racing was it you dope?

How come he never got close to repeating that stellar first MotoGP season with Ducati, if the bike had fuck all to do with it?

Did he get worse as a rider?

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Not so Doohanfan

The fact that Stoner was winning races obviously counts and his controversial character although not exactly what Honda would have wished for  -  was inadvertently PR enough.   Any publicity is good for business - even bad publicity - as the Rolling Stones and Russell Brand more recently would testify.    I'm sure a man of your intellect can grasp this.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

it is always very gratifying Shawn

for Stoner fans to see a diatribe such as yours, since all that it illustrates is how much Stoner got to you.

We get that you don't like him, but just like Wosi you have to resort to invention to criticise anything he has actually done. Valentino Rossi is a very great rider and will always be so. You would appear to be as unaware of the concept of irony as your cohorts who complain about other riders having equipment advantages if you wish to raise the question of a rider complaining about his equipment or his current employer though.

The reason there is no complaint about chatter (such complaint was equally from Dani Pedrosa) any more, btw, is that the current bikes probably don't have any, Honda having at huge expense designed and built a new chassis during the 2012 season, and having  designed and developed their 2013 bike under weight limits and for tyres which didn't change at the last minute. Honda would seem to value Stoner's feedback in regard to such things in any case because (as is the actual topic of this thread, rather than Wosi's continuing attempts to change reality in regard to Stoner's championship and race wins) they have brought him back in his retirement to test next year's bikes. Testing is all that is happening thus far, and was mooted last year anyway, so perhaps further analysis of Stoner's psychology and motives in regard to a return to GP racing could actually await the occurrence of same. 

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

Saturn

I actually largely don't object much to your posts, seeing you as being a keen Rossi fan as I am a keen Stoner fan with the biases that gives both of us, and have always acknowledged that Rossi has given his fans every reason to be fans.

In this case I don't get "not so" though since you have basically entirely agreed with my argument in the post to which you replied.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

As I recall wosi

2007 was Stoner's second year in the premier class, unless he competed under an alias prior to 2006, and he actually was the second youngest (by a matter of a few months) to win a premier class championship thus far, hardly qualifying him as a late bloomer.

They also had a year 4 years later which you may have missed, called 2011 I believe, where Stoner performed very similarly.

You need to change the record, Wosi, I don't even have to come up with any new arguments and can just replay my own old record. As someone recently  put it (Hedgehog or BB I think) more succinctly than I do, your whole argument such as it is comes down to any success of Rossi's being entirely down to him and any problems he has being down to his equipment, whilst the reverse is true for any rider you don't like, particularly Stoner. You have absolutely no  evidence for the latter, actual events in the real world as opposed to wosiworld being rather to the contrary, hence your constant threadbare sophistry. 

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

+1 Doohanfan

...and yet these "happy go lucky" , so called "true fans" just cant seem to get the little bloke from australia off their minds, if this thread is anything to go by. Indeed i also love how much this announcement of stoner doing a few laps on a motogp bike has got some of their rather nasty qualities out for all to see. As for PR? much to the chagrin and displeasure of the yellow panty wearers, Ducati and Honda will bend over backwards for him to come back, FACT.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Bending over backwards..?

..but what about you soppy saddo's bending over forwards, pillows clenched tightly between teeth and orange thongs pulled to one side?

As is your wont and typical to ilk I might add - haha - you've ignored the bleeding question..so I'll join the dots for you.

2007, Stoners 6th full time season in the GP paddock - the previous five he won nothing - was a matter of all the stars aligning. Bridgestone, Marelli, Desmo power.

This is borne out by the FACT he never came within a sniff of repeating the same domination on a Ducati, despite gaining more experience and getting better as a rider.

It was lucky in other words.

How else is an objective fan supposed to interpret what occurred?

Don't get me wrong..a decent rider, if a little immature and prone to self destruction.

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

well then by that consensus..

...i guess flo's been LUCKY all his life then? the best factory machines from 125, 250, 500 and 800. Just a better than average rider who managed to be on the right bikes at the right time.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices