Skip to content

Discuss This Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan

Double world champion Casey Stoner will make a dramatic return to MotoGP action next month when he tests a factory Honda RC213V at the Twin Ring Motegi track in Japan, MCN can reveal. The outspoken but blindingly fast Australian, who retired from MotoGP immediately after the final race of 2012 in Valencia last November, will take part in a two-day test...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 July 2013 15:00)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

no wosi

over the 6 years in question, the only years as opposed to other riders he was on a full factory bike, and which commenced when he was just 21, younger than most riders have ever even competed in the premier class, without even entering into a discussion of whether a factory Ducati is at all equivalent to a factory Yamaha or a factory Honda, he won 38 races, rather more than anyone else, against 2 great riders, one almost certainly the greatest of all, and despite this your preposterous argument is regarding his  2 championships, where the only commonality in the bikes was him riding them, rather than the other 4 championships all of which were won by riders on full factory Yamahas. He was also severely affected by injury and illness in 2 of the non-championship years, which is of course not the problem of the championship winners in those years, to whom as opposed to you I give full credit for avoiding illness and injury as well as riding superlatively as is their general wont.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

Casey is the cat .....

.... and look at all the pigeons we have here!

Stoner decides to scratch an itch and earn a few bucks at the same time, and the fanboys here go apoplectic with panic.  When I feel like a good laugh (and have a couple of hours to waste) I will go back and read the dross from Wositroll and the usual suspects, but for now I will just shake my head in disbelief that such an inconsequential event that has no bearing on the championship can be the subject of so much verbal tat.

It would be akin to discussing Rossi's riding record on the Ducati!

Reply to this Topic
Farnarkle

Jan 13

Farnarkle says:

Wosi, you're really desperate

Honda - you may have heard of it, it's a company that makes blisteringly fast, unbeatable motoGp bikes whenever anybody but Rossi is riding them, according to you -  actually do value riders.

When Hailwood retired, Honda paid him a bloody fortune by the standards of the day to NOT ride for anyone else. They knew what he was capable of doing on anybody's bike.

When Stoner retired, Honda offered him more to keep on racing with them that they'd offered anybody in their history. They knew he wasn't headed elsewhere but was absolutely going to stop motoGp racing.

When Rossi said he was leaving Honda, they said 'Hasta la Vista, baby'.  When he was trolling for a ride other than Ducati, since he couldn't get within daylight of winning a race on a bike Stoner had won more races on than Rossi had won on 'his' Yamaha, face-to-face (oh, and the same number of WC's during that period) - Honda said 'not interested'. Yamaha need the sales: the racing team didn't want him back, but the PR guys did. A rookie is beating him this year, also a guy who's never won a premier-class WC, and a mere two-times WC winner - his team mate.

Wosi, my old china plate -you're spruiking the Liberace of motoGp. Rhinestones vs.the true diamonds of the motoGp field - the glitter is there to blind the gullible, but the quality is missing.

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Spare us smackhead

Your dewy-eyed lot are contributing just as much.

Diamonds are very hard Fucknuckle, Casey was way too fragile to be considered a diamond.
"Whether it's people having no faith in you, people not believing in your talent..." Sniff, poor little Aussie. Never felt loved.

Reply to this Topic
Farnarkle

Jan 13

Farnarkle says:

Statistics tells the answer

300 comments from mostly cloaca-failed Rossi muppets shitting themselves in their chairs about the possibility of Stoner returning to the motoGp field.

Less than 30 comments about Rossi explaining why he was a total dickhead in underestimating Marquez. 

For the yellow zombies, the thought that Stoner could come back and continue to wax Rossi's arse is their worst nightmare. Yep, even worse than the one that their Daddy would turn up and explain why he couldn't afford to pay Mommy for the 10 minutes any more, all those few years ago.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Wosi's biggest problem

Apart from Stoner winning 38 races whilst competing against Rossi on facttory bikes of course

Is thinking that by spewing his endless, repetitive, fabricated, garbage, it actually changes anything. Anyone with half a brain and slightly more than a passing interest knows what the facts are and your endless carping just reinforces the image of what a sad old twat you are, not the spurious misinformation that you peddle

Anyway, I hear you've a follow up record, another cover version as you're lacking anything inventive to write about these days

'I just can't get you out of my head, boy your ridin' is all I think about'

la la la, la la la_la_la, la la la, la la la_la_la

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

Was the first year riders were restricted to 31 pre-selected tyres - no overnight specials. Poor Valentino lost one of his main advantages and didn't he throw some tantrums :-D

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Mostly?

You counted them out have you? Did Casey's little, "Nobody woves me" quote rankle fucknuckle? He won the title but wants more appreciation? What kind of fragile psyche is that? Straight talking Aussie? Fuck off! Having said all that, and this is where you all go lalalalala yourselves, I'd really like Casey back.

Reply to this Topic
pannyderosa

Jan 13

pannyderosa says:

sad lot

Jeez your like a bunch of deluded children and not very bright ones at that.
Stop filling this forum with your pathetic rants about stoner and rossi.
Most on here are totally hacked off with it.
I have an idea.
Go and get a fkin life the lot of yah.

Reply to this Topic
pogo_it

Jul 05

pogo_it says:

May have been the first year that no one had sns tyres, but 2008 was the first year (since 2006) that rossi had the same tyres as stoner (tyres which had been developed for stoner and his ducati) and we all know what happened that year dont we.

does anyone remember the shots of the back of VRs yam as they were shortening and shortening the swingarm to make it work on the bridgestones! running out of adjustment and then having to fabricate new ones between races.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices