Skip to content

Discuss This Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan

Double world champion Casey Stoner will make a dramatic return to MotoGP action next month when he tests a factory Honda RC213V at the Twin Ring Motegi track in Japan, MCN can reveal. The outspoken but blindingly fast Australian, who retired from MotoGP immediately after the final race of 2012 in Valencia last November, will take part in a two-day test...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 July 2013 15:00)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
pogo_it

Jul 05

pogo_it says:

better on the day

Surelythe winning of championships tends to suggest that you were on average better on the day than those you beat? According to your earlier logic hedge those I listed were as good as rossi, they all finished ahead of him in the championship one year and then behind him the next, in the only 2 years they raced against each other, thereofre in that year they must have, on average, been better than him on the majority of days.now in the years stoner and rossi raced together stoner may have had more wins but finished behind rossi in the championship 4 out of 7 times. Therefore rossi must have finished ahead of stoner more times than stoner finished ahead of rossi,so by your admission below rossi was better than stoner on more days than stoner was better than rossi, quite logical really

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Better to watch

Stoner is by far the more exciting rider to watch but records don't always win arguments,casey is causing more headlines than rossi by not even racing,bit more popular than u think lol, benny where have u gone baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

It's one thread Fognob

I know one is about your limit for counting, so it does seem a lot, but let me assure you, you stupid prick, that it's one thread with a lot of comments, during the mid season break. Got it?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Lorenzo @ LS13..

"I don't complain..I am lucky to stay here and have the opportunity to score the points"..

Casey had 10 weeks off with a poorly tum-tum..fishing for Barramundi to make it better.

Wank..

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Dt

Ur up late u old fart,u should be counting sheep,baaaaaaaaaa Stoner is IMO more gifted than Rossi and he doesn't play games,voices an opinion and sticks by it,Rossi and the Ducati proved him right in many ways.but it's all in the past,get over it. Can't wait to see them test times to get all excited oh yes.oh dear!!!

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

my point willie

was the lack of relevance rather than the relevance of Stoner's wife to his record as a bike rider, but Wosi has even on occasion taken issue with Stoner's relationship with her in his anti-Stoner diatribes.

It is transparently obvious that MCN are not averse to starting a Rossi-Stoner thread when traffic on the site is a little slow, but I guess on this occasion Stoner testing for Honda is GP bike racing associated news, particularly in the absence of any racing over the "summer" break.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Trust me!

Wosi, you are severely underestimating the healing value of Barramundi fishing!

It's like me not understanding the desire to be a dole bludging petty criminal but at least I acknowledge that it's just something a pudgy little fudgepacking wannabe Italian from over there must do sometimes.

Cheers mate.

Reply to this Topic
MarredferchDafydd

May 13

Doubting T

Foul language and abuse, once more - they's no proper manners!!

Got it?

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Pogo...

"Therefore rossi must have finished ahead of stoner more times than stoner finished ahead of rossi,so by your admission below rossi was better than stoner on more days"

It's really quite simple... count them... :blink:

Unfortunately in Rossi's time at Ducati he only beat an injured Stoner once***... in 2 years... whereas in 2010 year Stoner finished ahead of Rossi 7 of the 14 races they had together... 2009 he finished ahead 5 of the 13 they raced together...

Even during his rookie year he beat Rossi 4 times... 2 of those were Rossi crashes so I'll remove those for arguments sake, but that's a rookie on a satellite bike in a new team of 1 beating a seasoned factory rider more in 1 year than Rossi could do on the factory Ducati over 2 years... by double.

...that's why there's such a difference.

*** EDIT forgot Jerez 2011 (which I suppose should be included) & Sachsenring 2012... if you want to include crashes.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Did you remember to count this one hedgo?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0iszcvOYaw

Such throttle control. Particularly in the last 8-9%

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices