Skip to content

Discuss This Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan

Double world champion Casey Stoner will make a dramatic return to MotoGP action next month when he tests a factory Honda RC213V at the Twin Ring Motegi track in Japan, MCN can reveal. The outspoken but blindingly fast Australian, who retired from MotoGP immediately after the final race of 2012 in Valencia last November, will take part in a two-day test...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 268 days ago (22 July 2013 15:00)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Motoking

Repeat by all #27ers, same old SHIT like their LUCKY best bike 2WC moaner, develop backwards,gone V8 fishing,under the THUMB, WASTED Talent. I hope that is understandable!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Super...

I hadn't because they didn't race against each other that day, but as you know, you can include every DNS, day off sick & crash... basically you can include every race that they could have raced together from 2006 to 2012 if you want... more points obviously means you finished closer to the front more times than another rider with less points.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

not even literate

actually Firebird.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

DF

It will be by Motoking, it is a code he uses when he is speaking on this forum.

Reply to this Topic
pogo_it

Jul 05

pogo_it says:

and points make prizes

Indeed you are right hedgey, stoner finished ahead of rossi more times than rossi finished ahead of stoner when they raced together, however as far as championships go rossi finished ahead of stoner more than stoner finished ahead of rossi. I would suggest that championship position is the best guide to how good someone was over the season, after all that is the point. I dont agree with taking out stoners first year, yes he was onm a privateer version of the best bike on the grid, which would make it probably the third or fourt hbest bike there.

Reply to this Topic
pogo_it

Jul 05

pogo_it says:

sorry had a moment

meant 4th or 5th best bike

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Firebird

Talking about Chicken shit lucky ass unintelligible MOTOKING - whatever happened to MILKYBARS.

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Manners? Abuse?

Goes both ways prick. If this illiterate bovver boot wearing hick, Fognob continues his persecution of someone, who is regrettably no longer here, then I'll continue to slap him down in the only way the stupid fuck understands. Got it? I'd give that some time to sink in before any pious, empty threats are made.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

I think you will find Pogo

that other than Dani Pedrosa the top riders don't really ride for places other than first in the championship, and certainly not Stoner or Rossi. If you look up lists of career achievements it is championships followed by race wins followed by race podiums.

No matter in any case, you and I would appear to have  little to argue about. Rossi obviously has the far better overall career (which doesn't make Stoner's achievements negligible, even in comparison with many riders regarded historically as great) and their head to head record is pretty close, even without allowing for equipment disparity or health problems, which given how good Rossi is would seem to indicate Stoner is rather good as well.

What are ridiculous are attempts by some Rossi fans (or one anyway) to attribute Stoner's success only to equipment, and any problems he had only to him, given he spent 5 of his 7 years in the premier class either riding for a rookie privateer team with 3rd rate tyres or for Ducati, for whom only one other rider won or even led a single race during his tenure, particularly when Valentino was not notably successful riding for the latter himself.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

You're such a Ponce DF..

ooh ooh.. "..he spent 5 of his 7 years in the premier class either riding for a rookie privateer team with 3rd rate tyres or for Ducati.."

Constantly making excuses and deflecting blame..just like Stoner himself. Typical Aussie.

No acknowledgement that Stoner over rode the best bike ever in his debut season.

No acknowledgement the pipe framed bike of 07 & 08 was a rocket ship on 1st rate tyres, that was relatively far more competitive than Rossi's 11 & 12 machinery.

No acknowledgement or explanation how Stoner never got close to repeating 07, and why the results went backwards with him crashing more.

Stoner walks on water while Rossi can't ride the bike.

Then it's boo-hoo, one fan in particular won't play nicely..

Aaaw didums..pull your skirt down.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle