Skip to content

Discuss This Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan

Double world champion Casey Stoner will make a dramatic return to MotoGP action next month when he tests a factory Honda RC213V at the Twin Ring Motegi track in Japan, MCN can reveal. The outspoken but blindingly fast Australian, who retired from MotoGP immediately after the final race of 2012 in Valencia last November, will take part in a two-day test...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 July 2013 15:00)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Dt

Do u really Think it's just me rev aka Benny only had one user on here who had issues with his posts?no You don't think u just spout crap,me and Benny have been at it since the start of last season so mind ur business,and wash you're mouth out too little boy,oh dear. Oh and wosi,he over rode the best bike ever lol,yer won the title too whoopsie.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Pogo...

"meant 4th or 5th best bike"

So, as a seasoned top rider on that bike with an experienced team & a team mate to share data with you might have expected him to get 4th or 5th... as a rookie with a brand new team of 1 being only 3 places behind wasn't bad then considering 6th to 10th were all within a few points.

I knew you wouldn't discount Stoner's rookie year on a satellite bike when comparing stats against a seasoned multiple world champion on a factory machine (people arguing from your perspective seldom do)... which is why they're always included... just to emphasize the point.

" I would suggest that championship position is the best guide to how good someone was over the season"

You've said this before... I watch racing on the track, you watch it on the championship table... we differ... that's ok.

CS - 8+1+2+4+4+1+3=23?
VR - 2+3+1+1+3+7+6=23?

Championship position-wise they're absolutely equal, as they are in championships... (& that includes Stoner's rookie year... just for you).

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

when have I ever detracted from Rossi

My position is that  Stoner deserved  his championships and race wins, full stop. I would extend this to pretty well everyone who wins a championship or even wins a race in premier class bike racing, with the latter being a considerable feat in itself. If this constitutes detraction/from criticism of Rossi in Wosiworld, I would suggest the problem is yours rather than mine (or Stoner's for that matter).

We seem to be making headway. Having had your arguments exposed as spurious on so many occasions, it seems to be straight to argumentum ad hominem now bypassing straw man, red herring and all your other previous standbys. Again, all you need to do is give an example of another rider winning or even leading a race on an 800 Ducati, other than in that single strange wet-dry Japanese Grand Prix, where by any other argument you have ever made it would have been remiss of Stoner to ride to win the race rather than to clinch the championship (which he duly managed) in any case.

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Spurious DF?

How many "Aliens" rode the 2007/2008 Ducati? In 2007 Capirossi finished well ahead of Edwards on the M1. Next year Lorenzo jumps on the M1 and the bike shoots up the table. Safe to assume then that had he jumped on the Ducati he'd have had even greater success is it not? 

The only thing you've been at fognob, is jumping all over anyone who dares to tell it like it is with Crutchlow. Why? 'Cause he's English, and he initialled your bellend. You washed it off yet, or d'you sit and look at it all day?

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

again DT

you and Wosi are dealing with what others might have done, rather than what actually is or was. I am not the one attempting to make the negative case/making excuses or explanations, I don't require Stoner to have won any more races or championships than he actually did, and freely admit he is one title short of being an all-time great.

He actually did win the 2 championships and 38 races though, however much chagrin that causes  you or Wosi, and no argument of yours can change that. I see your cohort Hugelean decrying Stoner's courage elsewhere, where again all I have to say is that he won 23 races on an 800 Ducati, including 3 on a 2010 Ducati, which was a truly diabolical device like its successor.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Dt

Oh how sad to post to yourself and still get busted,nothing to with crutchlow,it's many things but gain not being smart and having a goldfish memory I'm not really surprised as I'm sure you don't know how many profiles you have had to date,Mcn do the banning not me,takes more than one member to comlain and takes time to view if the user calms down so to speak,u had ur chances and ur busted. Talk bikes then fine,again wash your mouth out little boy and ppl may get off your back as you once loudly cried out and posted. Just because dovi has got the Ducati failure virus don't blame anyone else. But again for one last hurrah in fun and banter, baaaaaaaaaaaaa Your way ahead of the heard

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Nothing spurious or dealing in what others might have done..just after a straight answer for once.

Why do you think Stoner was unable to get close to repeating his 2007 success over the following three years, when as a rider he presumably improved by gaining experience?

I won't bother to hold my breath..

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Yes, but

You ask how many others led/won on an GP7/8. An argument often thrown out there. You're right none. But no "Aliens" apart from Stoner rode the thing, so it's a spurious point. What many on here would like us to swallow is that nobody but Stoner could have won on the GP7/8 when we can see from the Edwards/Lorenzo switch what a difference an "Alien" makes. The CF Ducati is a different story, 'cause it's a different bike.

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Jebus

You are a dense one fog. You abuse someone, then because you're too stupid to handle the retort, or criticism, you get them banned. Wimp!

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

he won the same

amount of titles as the only other 2 riders who won titles in that 6 year period, and more races. Why is there a requirement for him to win more titles than they did to justify him winning his 2 titles? Why are any hypothetical arguments necessary at all? He won 2 titles and 38 races. Look up motogp.com or even wikipedia if you wish to dispute this.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices