Skip to content

Discuss This Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan

Double world champion Casey Stoner will make a dramatic return to MotoGP action next month when he tests a factory Honda RC213V at the Twin Ring Motegi track in Japan, MCN can reveal. The outspoken but blindingly fast Australian, who retired from MotoGP immediately after the final race of 2012 in Valencia last November, will take part in a two-day test...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 July 2013 15:00)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Yes but

We have heard all this before and about stoner,so I'm out.oh dear.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

i don't require you to swallow anything DT, but each to his own I guess.

Again, I am not attempting to detract from any of Rossi's, or anyone else's titles, and why is there a need to do so? Those that do detract from Rossi are wrong to do so of course, but I think we both know where all this incredibly tedious business started.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

You are being deliberately evasive.

I am not talking about his titles.

I want to know why you think he couldn't get anywhere near repeating his debut season on the Ducati, as a virtual rookie?

Your refusal to address a straight forward question, has you in danger of losing credibility.

Reply to this Topic
shallwedance

Aug 11

shallwedance says:

stoner

is there nothing happening? change the f*ckin picture its been days ffs!

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

"Why do you think Stoner was unable to get close to repeating his 2007 success over the following three years"

2nd (with, other than last year, the highest 2nd place score in at least 10 years) is as close to 1st as you can get isn't it?

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Well beat me ragged

with a buck toothed antipodean, over 400 comments, you can't deny the lad still gets a reaction, come back Casey I say.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

Why do I no need to explain it Wosi?.

Again, winning 10 races and a championship is fairly difficult as far as I can tell. Not even Valentino Rossi or Mick Doohan did it in every year of their careers. Doing it twice is a great achievement of and unto itself. If you do it more times, even better obviously. So what? Is no championship valid unless you win the championship with more than 10 race wins in every year of your career? 

Unlike you I restrain myself from argumentum ad hominem Wosi, but this is and always has been a nonsensical argument. By any convention of logical argument, conventions of which you appear to be unaware, the burden of proof is on you, since you are making the negative case, proof of which you are unable to supply, given that it doesn't exist. Hypothetical arguments are all you have, and both everything and nothing can be proved by such arguments, with equal lack of validity.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

I tell you why you need to explain DF..

..because you keep trotting out the same old shit using Capirossi as a yard stick, thinking it proves that nobody else could have got results on the GP07.

I have illustrated just how fast Rossi was on his debut at Qatar 2011..as fast as Stoner. Yet it doesn't seem to penetrate because he came 7th.

Dani beat Casey on the same bike last year and is the least accomplished of the 4 aliens..so Jorge and Rossi would have failed on the GP07 would they?

Bullshit.

Stoner was lucky 2007, everything points to it and despite your blinkered nepotism, you understand ..which is why you can't answer a straight question.

The answer would stick in your throat.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

38 wins, 23 on a Ducati

Wosi. All the argumentum ad hominem and sophistry in the world won't change that.

I actually don't care if Stoner was only good enough to ride at an absolute peak (and it was a peak, acknowledged by Valentino Rossi in 2007 among others) for 2 years, that was good enough for me and unlooked for prior to 2007. He obviously had good enough equipment to win in those years, as has everyone who has ever won a title, and may have had less good equipment in other years if not all the other years, and that's the way it goes in GP racing as well.  If him being so good for those 2 years provokes such extreme bitterness in you, despite Valentino being so good for so much longer and winning 7 premier  class titles and 80 premier class races (thus far) as well as his other achievements, I don't think the problem is mine. 

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Your's is the bitterness Pal..amply demonstrated that you haven't got the gumption to man-up over the advantages Ducati's bike had 2007.

To say what you know to be true, would discredit Stoner and be failing in your duty.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices