Skip to content

Discuss This Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan

Double world champion Casey Stoner will make a dramatic return to MotoGP action next month when he tests a factory Honda RC213V at the Twin Ring Motegi track in Japan, MCN can reveal. The outspoken but blindingly fast Australian, who retired from MotoGP immediately after the final race of 2012 in Valencia last November, will take part in a two-day test...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 July 2013 15:00)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Now that's a new one

What advantages again did stoner have in07(besides pneumatic valve upgrades in his top end), I really wanna see this huge list wosi?,rewind to 06 on his lcr Honda in turkey,stoner led the race on a satalite bike and took pole,what advantages dd he have oven re proven race winning m1 then?.no after an argument here I'm just very curious.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

what on earth

are you on about Wosi. I assure you I have no bitterness about Stoner winning in 2007, or anyone  winning or losing in any other year, including Mick Doohan losing in 1991. I would have been fairly bitter if Stoner had lost by less than 25 points in 2011.

Come to think of it I am bitter about Wayne Rainey losing in 1993, but not because Wayne Schwantz won.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Wosi

You may not of noticed but Motogp is a team sport. Yes the Ducati was better in 2007 but building the best bike is what the sport is all about. What do you expect Stoner to do .Oops this bike's a bit to fast, best I slow down a bit and give the others a chance? If you want to talk about bike advantages lets talk about 2001,2002,2003...

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Wosi, you're full of hot air..

..Stoner's Qatar race time in 2007 was 43.02... In 2008, his time was 42.36, well over half a second a lap faster than the suggested best bike on the grid of the previous year ( but you keep telling us the bike went backwards ). In 2009 ( the year of his illness ) his Qatar time was 42.53... 2010 he didn't finish, but this later comparison of Rossi's time with Stoner's is just not accurate. Rossi did a 42.54 at Qatar in 2011, his first season on the bike, which whatever way you want to look at it isn't as good as Stoner, who incidentally was 16 seconds quicker in the same race, also on a new bike. 

So, other than the year of Casey's illness and 2007, when you suggest nothing else was comparable, Rossi was a long way off of Stoner's pace on the Ducati. As a footnote, this after the vast amount of money slung at the bike following Casey's departure and Rossi's arrival...

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

The reason the Qatar night race is such a good comparison track is because the conditions are very similar from year to year.

You're problem CHR, is that you've chosen to base your fucked up response on the last daytime race of 2007 when the track temp. was approaching 50 degrees C.

Hahahaha..

2009, on the CF bike, Stoner was slower - from the start of lap 2 to the end of the race - than Rossi in 2011 on a very similar CF bike.

Stoner got the holeshot from pole, completely unhindered. Rossi started 3rd row and got baulked in traffic..his first lap was over 3.5 secs slower than Stoners in 2009.

That is NOT a long way off Casey's pace and at that point Ducati had NOT spent a penny more on the bike for Rossi.

You are a complete and utter cock..

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Stoner had 3 big advantages in 2007...

1) his main competitor, despite being on a Honda with a speed advantage at several circuits, crashed out several times...

2) his other competition, the 3rd placed guy, often couldn't attain the speed that his Yamaha was capable of... which unfortunately was already one of the slower bikes on the grid.
3) &, unlike anyone else, he could ride the Ducati, consistently putting it on the podium until he left at the end of 2010.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

illness?

Can lactose intolerance be counted as an illness?

When you look at guys like Doohan who nearly lost a leg, but insisted on getting back out on the bike before he could even walk un-assisted, it shows lactose intolerance for what it really is. A piss poor excuse.

Instead of being able to pull out a massive advantage on the straights, as he had been able to previously thanks to the Ducati's awesome acceleration, stoner actually had to work for it that year. Unable to handle the close quarters racing or the pressure, he folded mentally and used the lactose thing as a way out. So the only real illness was of a mental nature rather than anything tangible.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

I will match my

medical degree with yours SM, even if it is only from an Australian university.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Super...

"So the only real illness was of a mental nature rather than anything tangible."

Strange... of the 13 races he did compete in he podiumed 8 & beat the championship winner 6 times... that's almost half... how could somebody as mentally strong as Rossi give up so many races to somebody suffering with a mental illness?... what was Rossi suffering with?

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

wosi world

which in 2010 was bizarro world motogp.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale