Skip to content

Discuss This Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan

Double world champion Casey Stoner will make a dramatic return to MotoGP action next month when he tests a factory Honda RC213V at the Twin Ring Motegi track in Japan, MCN can reveal. The outspoken but blindingly fast Australian, who retired from MotoGP immediately after the final race of 2012 in Valencia last November, will take part in a two-day test...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 357 days ago (22 July 2013 15:00)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Stonered

Sep 12

Stonered says:

So how would one rate VR's current place in the championship against battered opposition and a satelite rider when he's on the best bike on the grid ( it won last year and his team mate would have been in the lead except for his crashes/ injuries).... Just asking

Reply to this Topic
pogo_it

Jul 05

pogo_it says:

hedge

I would suggest that in my hypothetical the person winning 5 out of 6 then having a bad year and coming 10th had a better record than someone coming second for 6 years, im not quite sure how this doesnt fit with my argument of using championship position as a guide to who was better in any given year, seems like th exactly the same argument to me, much as vr finishing ahead of cs in the championship more times than the opposite is true. My suggestion that if you wish to take out cs worst year it would only be tfair to take out rossi's worst year as well, as this would bring balance to the equation ( as you refuse to use the balance of full careers to compare) Ihadnt actually though as much as to realise that would remove one of casey's championship, b. I'm quite glad that you have said that you wont reply any more as I too feel this conversation is going nowhere, as I said earlier there is no way I am going to change your mind, aznd failing cs coming back and beating rossi's records you wont change mine, such is life.

Reply to this Topic
pogo_it

Jul 05

pogo_it says:

decency

Its only polite to quote accurately, rather than rearranging peoples comments in order to fit your argumental needs.

Reply to this Topic
AussieInSUI

Mar 13

AussieInSUI says:

they go to the factory...

The best riders are on the best contracts. I say contracts because of Ducati... That's why Cal should go to Ducati. More money. Why not well and truly secure the financial future of your family and take the best contract? That Smith guy and his manager from heaven is the spanner in the works...

Reply to this Topic
AussieInSUI

Mar 13

AussieInSUI says:

listen to Senna...

Stoner reminds me of Senna. Wants what he believes is rightfully his and is unwilling to deal with politics, like the rest of us... Stoner may be back...after Rossi leaves.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Two words for ya...

Indy..Fuckwits!...

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Dominant..

Favourite word of the rentboys in orange..

Rossi beat him in the only statistic that matters to people who matter - The Championship standings - more often than not. 4 times out of 7.

Pedrosa beat him 4/7 too..and while on the same team.

Lorenzo beat him 3/5.

That is getting beaten by your main rivals more often than you beat them..over an extended period of time, NOT just TWO Seasons where you inherit the best bike, then turn your ride to shit.

2007 & 2011 account for over half the wins etc. mindless #27ers would have us believe proves Stoner was Top Dog while competing in the big class.

Purest horseshit and blinkered fanboy delusion you're ever likely to hear.

Ahem..Sorry CHR?

You been on the Bong already this morning?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

so we are finally down to the last straws

of your arguments Wosi, and they are no thicker than any previous straws, with still nothing substantive  and no sign that you are ever going to come to grips with the concept of irony. I will give you a clue; calling someone a whinger when you are the leading poster among several hundred posts whinging about Stoner is one example. I think there is even a vague possibility that if you were to stop whinging about him others might stop replying to your whinging.

As a manly man with a degree in internet medicine your assessment of Stoner's health issues in 2009 of course must supersede anything else, but alas those with an opinion which actually matters,  HRC and the new Ducati/Audi management would seem to have disagreed, given their extreme willingness to weigh him down with large sacks of cash, in HRC's case in 2010 and in the case of both in 2012, to a degree unprecedented in Honda's history in 2012. Strangely, the mental breakage your expertise allowed you to detect also appears to have been rather rapidly responsive to about 1 and a half laps on an HRC bike in the 2010 post-season test. 

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

It's the Championship Standings that Matter

The aspergers guide to motogp.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

http://stephenenglish.ie/2012/11/29/reflections-on-casey-stoners-motogp-career/

After the midsummer break Stoner made a decision to take some time away from the sport and find out what was causing his problems. Casey missed three races as he tried to determine the cause of his fatigue and illness. Eventually lactose intolerance was diagnosed as the complaint and when Stoner returned at Estoril he finished second behind Lorenzo. Many within the paddock felt that the issue was “much ado about nothing” and in everyday walk of life the effects of allergies are greatly misunderstood. While many consider an allergy to be something along the lines of hay-fever and maybe somewhat distracting but easily managed with a simple antihistamine a food allergy can be much more destructive. Over time the human body changes. Whether it is that you suddenly develop a love for spicy food or that something which had caused little problem in the past suddenly cause you to feel discomfort the body has changed. For Stoner it was lactose intolerance that caused his problems. When it was diagnosed and he returned to racing it was clear that many within the paddock did not believe it possible that Stoner’s problems were related to a simple allergy. The history of Rossi’s mental domination of rivals was regarded as a much more plausible reason for Stoner’s crashes over the last two seasons. Even within his Ducati team this seemed to be a prevalent line of thought. His comeback was highlighted by a return to winning ways at Philip Island saw Casey return for third consecutive home victory at a circuit that was to become his private playground during his career. The next week he dominated in Malaysia to win again before heading to Valencia. It seemed that Stoner was rejuvenated and ready to be the principal challenger to Rossi again in 2010. At the season ending race he was fastest throughout the weekend before a cold tyre crash on the warm-up lap left him only able to watch on as Pedrosa won. Unfairly again the thoughts that Stoner lacked a certain level of mental strength came to the fore. I just read this, its a good read and this is just a couple of paragraphs. To be fair,I know someone with a lactose intolerance and it can bowl them over with terrible stomach cramps and diarrhea and low blood pressure and all sorts. But there is that nagging doubt about how long it took to diagnose as my friend went to the doctors and the doctor got it right there and then and after a simple test confirmed it. Nice pic Weskit, nearly spat my coffee out

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices