Skip to content

Discuss This Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan

Double world champion Casey Stoner will make a dramatic return to MotoGP action next month when he tests a factory Honda RC213V at the Twin Ring Motegi track in Japan, MCN can reveal. The outspoken but blindingly fast Australian, who retired from MotoGP immediately after the final race of 2012 in Valencia last November, will take part in a two-day test...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 July 2013 15:00)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Stonered

Sep 12

Stonered says:

400 odd comments about a retired racer just taking a bike out for a test ride....I guess he isn't missed at all then. It would've cool to see him in a race though!!

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

2007 Qatar

This super duper Ducati that Stoner left everyone for dust on. Must of been on pole mustn't he. Oh no that was Rossi, so that Yamaha can't of been too slow then. Still Stoner walked all over the rest of em in the race, what with those special tyres, won by miles. What's that you say, Rossi was only 2.838 sec behind. Well that don't sound very much.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Put your glasses on old man...

..I used the word "after" when referring to Ducati's vast spend on the "Rossi years". He still couldn't get the bike anywhere near Stoner's time in 2012 though could he? Infact, he was over 24 seconds behind Casey's time at the same track in 2009. 24 seconds, after millions of pounds of so called development. Shocking!...

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Qatar night race & M1 1 & 2 2013

They sure as hell got off to a flyer,so what is the Ducati 2007 point as pertaining to sundry arguments.

Oh yeah,one only . Stoner in 2007 and beyond proved what Rossi pontificated about prior to as a gray area. You know the area. 90% rider and 10% bike..  He said it and left Honda. Stoner's freak show at Ducati proved Rossi was right,but Rossi could not step up when given equal opportunity. So my summation given Rossi's piss poor M1 effort this year suggests he is absolutely right. Its 90% rider. Then there's the pussy's. Oh yeah. Rossi coined that phrase too.

Escape hatch and Heaven's gate open Wosi. Blame it on tyre wars. Mind you, Michelin factory riders topped the 2nd and 3rd in 2007. Not too bloody shabby since they shod only a quarter of the grid.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Soup's, a man's illness is his own private territory...

...your's is the crack pipe, Stoner's is a block of cheese..

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Observe

Mick Doohan admits defeat after a brave effort to keep his world championship challenge alive after nearly losing a leg.

casey stoner throws in the towel and goes home feeling a bit poorly with a dicky tummy. The title sponsor was heard to say "Jesustittyfugginchrist! has that kid got any idea how much money we're throwing at this thing? the least he could do is turn up!"

Its just not rock and roll Rainmeister!

Reply to this Topic
pogo_it

Jul 05

pogo_it says:

hedge

According to your law of averaging someone who won 5 out of 6 championships then finished 10th in the 6th (1+1+1+1+1+10=15, 15/6= 2.5)would rank behind someone who came 2nd in 6 championships (2+2+2+2+2+2=12, 12/6=2), however in this hypothetical situation I would suggest thatthe better record belonged to the rider winning 5 out 5 out of 6 rather than coming second every year,. Similarly vr finished ahead of cs in the championship more than the other way round. If you are wanting to take out casey's most dificult year may I suggestit would only be reasonable to take out rossi's as well, after all he was at a bike disadvantage just like stoner was in his rookie year, that sounds fair to me, of course it wouldnt to you, as you would say that was unfair i tostoner, as people arguing from your perspective usually do (where have I heard that before) as I have said previously I watch the racing for what happens on the track, the championship is what comes at the end of that on track action, and the championship isnthere to show how good each rider was over thatyear, is Iwhy else would there be a championship?

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Mario

You can follow your fanclub leader's schoolboy standard assessment of Stoner's medical condition if that's your preference but it changes nothing. He had a medically confirmed lactose intolerance, something that can leave you drained, as was pretty evident when you saw the state he was in after a race.

I'd also suggest that riding with puke inside your helmet may not only impair your vision, but, along with your weakened state, also your ability to control a motorcycle at speeds up to 200mph - presenting not only a danger to yourself, but to those racing alongside you on track as well.

Comparing that to Doohan's circumstance is as pointless as it is irrelevant.

The title sponsor, assuming you're referring to Marlboro, were heard to say nothing as far as I recall, but for a company that sells instruments of disease and death at huge profit, I'd hardly expect a sympathetic approach to someone's health above financial profit. And Ducati management hardly showed themselves as a caring employer in their treatment of Melandri.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Comparing caseys milkshake allergy

to Doohans badly smashed leg is entirely relevant. You don't like it because it beautifully illustrates the difference between a real hard as nails sportsman, and a pretender.

"Jesustittyfugginchrist! has that kid got any idea how much money we're throwing at this thing? the least he could do is turn up!"

...is actually a direct quote from the Marlboro man.

-Yep thats right, I said that. Yeeha.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

Qatar 2009

I believe bridgestone only turned up with soft and medium compounds which needed to be managed to last the race. In fact the great yellow one himself said he was unable to close the gap to stoner due to "aggressive asphalt" following the heavy rain, complicating things still further. Bridgestone studied the data and concocted harder compounds in later years. So the tyres were different and the track was different. But fear not, we can always rely on Wosi's deranged ravings to stay the same.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices