Skip to content

Discuss This Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Exclusive: Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan

Double world champion Casey Stoner will make a dramatic return to MotoGP action next month when he tests a factory Honda RC213V at the Twin Ring Motegi track in Japan, MCN can reveal. The outspoken but blindingly fast Australian, who retired from MotoGP immediately after the final race of 2012 in Valencia last November, will take part in a two-day test...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 July 2013 15:00)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Somewhere

there was............ now what was it?

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Big balls

Love the ambulance on track whilst the race is on.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znFu6GxZz7I

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Funny isn't it

In 1989 I thought the world was a fairly civilised place, but there we see the ambulance cruising down the corkscrew with the race still going and Gardners leg held together with cardboard and sticky tape. Hope he gave em a bloody good tongue lashing!

More stuff off topic....cool track and amazing artwork

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFca32_7YUU

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

Here's a good 2 hour long documentary. sorry this isnt knee down stuff but its about British motorcycle fenatics taking on speedweek at Bonneville salt flats. Fascinating, funny, sad, with good music and its BBC quality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7-nV1WAZJU

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

you miss my point Saturn

As you say, history both recent and in past decades  amply records that all riders, even the very greatest, make mistakes. However, if Lawson, Schwantz or Barros had been pissed off about the incidents referred to, which they well may have been, and made a one line comment to that effect, imo it would not have been reasonable for them to have been pilloried as  moaners on the internet (if it had existed then) for several years for doing so just because Doohan who was or became a great rider was the culprit. Rossi recently was (justifiably) pissed off about being taken out and nearly taken out by Bautista and said so, and has complained about the riding of others such as Biaggi and Elias in the past, and Bautista last year was (probably also justifiably) pissed off with Stoner's hard pass on him and said so, despite his own strong form in regard to such things.

DT may have a point about MM, he is no hypocrite,  and is one rider who might not complain if the tables were turned on him, not that I have much problem with his riding in races (as opposed to his riding in practice). Eddie Lawson was a cool customer, and might have made little complaint either, although a broken ankle might have stretched things a little.

I see that you recognise that Wosi's main activity is anti-Stoner trolling.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Farnarkle

Jan 13

Farnarkle says:

Wosi has some other life force?

I see that you recognise that Wosi's main activity is anti-Stoner trolling.

Hang on - you're suggestng that Wosi has some other reaction mechanism beyond anti-Stoner trolling?

FFS, get real.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

I think you missed my point doohanfan

your reply illustrates my point that you are unable consciously or sub-consciously to  'let sleeping dogs lie' by responding to every little 'jibe' you are feeding into the system about which you complain.  I don't have a problem with that - I do it myself  - but you do have a choice.#

By the way as a point of interest (if you're still reading this thread) - what is your view on why Rossi is so popular and Stoner isn't ?

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

again Saturn

I didn't criticise Rossi about either Laguna Seca 2008 or Jerez 2011 in my post, it was your interpretation that I was making a jibe at him, what I said was that imo Stoner copped unfair treatment for his response to the incidents, which would have annoyed most  riders, or probably all riders in the case of the Jerez incident.

I think Stoner is not as popular as Rossi because Valentino has far more style and grace, and has achieved far more, but also because these things had understandably garnered him a huge fanbase, some of whom were not best pleased about Stoner winning the 2007 championship in dominant Rossi-like fashion. I suspect if St Francis of Assisi was still around and had taken up GP bike racing for Ducati in 2007 and won the championship in similar fashion he would have copped similar criticism. 

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Fair comment doohanfan

Enjoy the racing !

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

'far more style and grace'...

what are you DF, a fucking ballet expert?

Everyone has their own style and grace and in the same proportions, it's just that some halfwits get all gooey in the fork over certain 'types'. I bet if we looked hard enough, yours might even make an appearance.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices