Skip to content

General Sweat fest ! General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Sweat fest !

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

Sweat fest !

I'm still without the Triumph so having a few hours to myself I took the Vulcan out again, this time with a specific reason and destination, Peter Zwann Motorcycles near Javea. Peter had a look on the internet for a price and I'm pretty surprised at what it's worth here.

Any way, I took it the long way and the first part was nice, hot but in a T shirt and leather waistcoat I didn't overheat.

Till ! I got tangled up in heavy traffic on the main road and again through Altea, I tried the back road to miss Altea town centre which was blocked solid but, so did a cnut in an artic LGV who was constantly getting stuck cos his feckin vehicle was too big for the road. Christ almighty I literally wrung my T shirt and underpants out when I got home and stripped off, put the aircon on, sank a litre of water & flaked out on the sofa neked !. The never right thing on the seafront is showing 37 degrees !

The upshot is, the Vulcan is not suited to these little roads and high temperatures, the positive is the value of it here downside is finding someone who wants 882lbs of hot metal.

Pass the salt tablets !:ph43r:

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 276 days ago (23 July 2013 14:15)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Richnotrich

Apr 11

Richnotrich says:

You selling then Roger?

I wonder what GT Motorcycles would offer you. I remember they (George Whites as it was then) insulted you when you wanted rid of the last one.

No way that could happen now. That particular salesman was killed in the big M5 smash in November 2011 driving a Ginsters wagon.

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

Yeh it was an insult

he offered £2,800 against a VN2000 that had white paint all over the seats. Eighteen months later I got £3,000 for it against this one I have now from Damerells in Cornwall, and they have a good price on a new ---

XJR1300 :ph43r:

But I have Triumph in my head and could I trust myself with another XJR ?? I did misbehave with the last one :shock:
Am I older or wiser now ?? am I fcuk :laugh:

Edit: I just remembered what he said, "when was this repainted they never did it in these colours"  'those colours' were the only colours for the 2003 VN1500

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

vulc

It's only 34.7 on our back terrace (and still rising).:sunglasses:

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

It's nowhere near 37 here

just the thingy with the date/time/temp on it says 37 the one in Altea showed 32 on the way out, I did look at the sea in Altea and think 'why am I on this and not in that' We've got a brekkie meet on Friday in Gran Alicante, it'll be a hot run home 2 up :wacko:

Edit: Getting there :sunglasses:

http://weather.uk.msn.com/tenday.aspx?wealocations=wc:SPXX0165&q=Benidorm%2c+ESP+forecast:tenday 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

Richard

I'm open to a decent offer on the Vulcan, I have no attachment to it whatsoever like I did the old one. I really need to change direction I can't see us touring long distance again, Nina is struggling with her knees, she's almost had us over several times getting on and off. Another XJR is in mind, I've looked at Triumphs but there's only one I want, really want but it's expensive. The Bonneville America drew me for a while but seeing them on rideouts they sound like wet farts. 

I'm not going balls out to sell the Vulcan but if the opportunity arises it's gone !

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

vulcan...

this is the pretty one,but there are a couple of cheaper (less power) versions.

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

oldish

I've got the Legend TT it's TU at the moment waiting for a new CDI unit, the Triumph I like REALLY like is this

BUT ! so expensive new. Time's not on my side, 66 now maybe a few years riding in me, not sure about Nina and her knees but the Storm is a bit lighter than the Vulcan, a better layout, another XJR is an option, Nina has said your next bike may be for you not me, lets see what happens.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle