Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Iannone: Too risky to race in Laguna Seca MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Iannone: Too risky to race in Laguna Seca

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Andrea Iannone: Too risky to race in Laguna Seca

Andrea Iannone could have wrecked his rookie MotoGP campaign had he gambled on riding in Laguna Seca last weekend just a week after dislocating his right shoulder. The Italian damaged his right shoulder when he crashed in final practice for the Sachsenring round in Germany and was ruled out of US Grand Prix after late medical checks in Italy. Iannone has endured...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 353 days ago (24 July 2013 11:47)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

Career threatening

Iannone is a good rider, but like every one who has ridden the Ducati except perhaps for Stoner it has been a career threatening move. Who would want to come back early from injury and ride a pile of juck like the Duke any way  

Reply to this Topic
mickrainey

Feb 13

mickrainey says:

anyone

who can beat MM more than once last season deserves better

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

He'll get better

And it'll be a Ducati, I'm convinced that 3.5 brains is better than 1 over hyped, over paid and over indulged brain and that the D16 will be cured of it's butch-campness.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Hypothetically of course

But, if you asked all the MotoGP bikes who would like to fly into a grandstand full of sleeping kittens whilst tumbling, in flames and shedding expensive parts over the largest possible area whilst making the sexiest noise the most, then I'd bet the Desmosedici would step up.

The Honda would probably be the most efficient though, aiming specifically for row 1a and ensuring that just enough fuel was left for fire to spread to row 120z to ensure all kittens were aware of HRCs might.

The Yamaha would be the kittens choice, as long as it still had Valentino Rossi attached to it.

Hypothetically of course...

Reply to this Topic
rocketri17

May 12

rocketri17 says:

GIXER

'Dovi was never going to make it, he was Hondas development rider, 1 win in 3 seasons with a full works Repsol speaks volumes for the mans lack of talent.' WELL SAID MAN!

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

You could have a hundred 'brains' riding the Ducati and it still wouldn't make any difference, as it is up to the Ducati development engineers to come up with the answer. If Honda had the same problem, you would see new chassis and parts every race, until they solved the problem. What have Ducati come up with in the past few years......hardly fck all. It was only the fact that Rossi was losing his patience, that they gave him the Aluminium chassis, which wasn't his job to tell them. Then after that, fck all again. Those engineers are a joke.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

I rate Ianone verry highly as a rider. Thought he would be best Duke rider at the start of the season. And granted, the Duke is a crap bike, still he should have done better. I would like to see #29 ride a Kalex/Suter Yamaha powered ride in the 14 season. After all, he can ride. Only rider that was great in Moto2, that was not on a Kalex or Suter. Gave Bradl and MM a real hard time on many occasions. He ain't an Allien and never will be, but a regular top 6 rider on a good bike? Yes.

Reply to this Topic
Bullshrimp

Apr 13

Bullshrimp says:

I actually think this guy is...

..capable of more than top six finishes on a competitve machine. Remember the impressive Aleix Espargaro blowing him away in Moto2 or world champion Stefan Bradl outclassing him?... me neither he was a more than a match for both of them and as previously mentioned he beat the brilliant Marquez fair and square on a few occassions. Remember Mugello 2012 racing as 'Fireman Joe'?, he showed the whole field the way home and where was he there a year later...nowhere! It seems to me as though when he rides as he wants to he is 11th -13th and when he tries to ask a bit more from the front end of that Desmo he crashes. The problem is clearly the bike, remember how good Spies has been at Indy in the past? anyone think he can do the same this year...?. I suspect Iannone would be a lot stronger than some may give him credit for given a chance on a decent machine, but is he going to get one?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Put him on that Gresini Honda in place of Bautista.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

firebird

the only thing ducati did wrong was lose casey stoner, end of, rossi struggle to pick up the pieces because ducati where left with no benchmark setting as stoner purely rode round issues which is why he felt it was better to move to honda,think back with capo and gib in 06,better results fair enough tyres where different and rules slightly but its till got 2 wheels and a throttle and 2 brakes yes??? so my question to you is this?why have ducati done "hardly f@ck all you say"?? compared to honda yes,but how much have yamaha changed compared to honda? no way as far and extreme but again its all down to budget,these frame dovi keeps snapping in half dont help tho mind, so you cant blame all these so called useless engineers which compared to your one brain cell sir know a lot more what they are talking about,im not arguing with you here im stating the obvious, so we all have lot count how many frames the duke has eaten up,but which one in your personal opinion anyone worked the best ??? ill go for steel trellis, simply because its what ducati have always done best,and looks ducati not jap.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices