Skip to content

Discuss This Aspar torn between Aprilia and Honda for 2014 MotoGP season MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Aspar torn between Aprilia and Honda for 2014 MotoGP season

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Aspar torn between Aprilia and Honda for 2014 MotoGP season

Spain’s high-profile Aspar MotoGP squad is torn over its future premier class plans, with options to remain as Aprilia’s number one outfit or buy Honda’s new production RC213V racer on the table. The Aspar squad has dominated the new CRT category, with Aleix Espargaro producing a series of stunning performances on a high-spec machine based on the Aprilia RSV4 superbike. Aspar team...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (24 July 2013 11:54)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

VVT - from the FIM rule book

2.4.3.8 Control Systems

2) Variable valve timing and variable valve lift systems, driven by
hydraulic and/or electric/electronic systems are not permitted.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

It could be a case who not to have

But hayden would be worth a punt and keep RDP, I think Aleix has proven that he needs a more competitive ride but then again the ART might kick hondas arse so keep him. So confused!

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

So

sprung valve heads can have vvtec.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

And

was the Kawasaki engine using computer controlled electromagnetic suspension valves using no camshaft?

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Oh dear

Oh dear oh dear baaaaaaaaaaaaa CRT confusion.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Hardly a dilemma

Stick with Aprilia, it's a weapon with more to come, the Honda will never be allowed to be as potent and will come with HRC conditions.

Reply to this Topic
Bullshrimp

Apr 13

Bullshrimp says:

I wouldn't be...

...quite so hasty in writing the Honda production racer off myself. This is Honda we are talking about afterall, are they really going to embarrass themselves by putting a 'tail end charlie' out there...? I seriously doubt it will be a regular podium contender but I do think this package will be a lot stronger than some suspect.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

NSR-V

Honda won't be building the best customer racer they can, they'll be building the best customer bike they're prepared to sell, for a premium, to a carefully selected and very limited set of special customers. If WP suddenly produced a set of Ohlins beating suzzies and they were bolted onto a proddie RCV and then podiums/wins came at the expense of a factory RCV do you think HRC would be overjoyed or busily trying to invoke clause 69e of the contract that states something to the effect that only parts supplied by X list of approved suppliers is permitted? My 2 penneth would be on option b. The V twin 500 NSR appeared to be a game changer on paper but wasn't hugely successful, it was alright, capable of beating a factory Yamaha on occasion but was never going to show the V4 NSR the way home. The proddie RCV is the modern version of that bike, I might be wrong and it might be more RVF than NSR in which case it might well have a genuine shot at being a great bike.

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

The problem!!! Honda don't need to make money selling customer RCV's Aprillia do need to make money selling race bikes,when the 125/250 twostroke era ended the race shop at Noale had to start again,it's turned out well,they built a moto gp bike and raced it as a superbike and then started a nice business with CRT customers.

Can Aprillia build a better bike?? without doubt but is it a sound financial proposition!!,how much will it cost against how much can they charge to sell,Honda or Yamaha just do not have that weight around their necks

I see it'll cost a £million to lease an RCV,Apriilia charged that years ago to run a 250 for a season.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

If

you are buying the bike then surely it is yours to do whatever to, as long as you stay in the rules of MSMA.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices