Skip to content

Discuss This Aspar torn between Aprilia and Honda for 2014 MotoGP season MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Aspar torn between Aprilia and Honda for 2014 MotoGP season

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Aspar torn between Aprilia and Honda for 2014 MotoGP season

Spain’s high-profile Aspar MotoGP squad is torn over its future premier class plans, with options to remain as Aprilia’s number one outfit or buy Honda’s new production RC213V racer on the table. The Aspar squad has dominated the new CRT category, with Aleix Espargaro producing a series of stunning performances on a high-spec machine based on the Aprilia RSV4 superbike. Aspar team...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (24 July 2013 11:54)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

time aprillia

Made a full return to moto gp,do what BMW have done dump wsbk and return to the real world championship

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

Honda/Proddie RCV

IMO the Proddie Honda will be aimed squarley at the non-MSMA ART machine. Honda taylor machines and support to activley teir them look at the difference between the Gresini and LCR machines and then compare them to the full Factory bike. The Proddie racer will be produced to be not quite as competitive as the Gresini machine but still be a competitive enough non-MSMA entry (once you've paid for the Ohlins/Brembo upgrade).

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

It's alright saying Aprillia should make a full time return whos' going to pay for it,they make a handful of bikes make no cars,and need to make money from racing,so unless the likes of Malboro turn up to bankroll the sheebang like Ducati where's the money coming from?

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

I'd take the Honda every day. Honda won't make a bike thats slow,why with there great racing heritage would they want to embarace them selves,Repsol team done the full seaon on 4 motors last year so engine lifes gonna be no probs.Aprilia took the championship in 2010 and 2012 in WSB but in doing this they were throwing brand new motors at Max every race, and the estimated cost of each motor 100,000. Honda should be far cheaper quicker and not has fragile.

Reply to this Topic
merv007

Dec 07

merv007 says:

aprilia vs honda

lets not forget aprilia have hammered honda for years in moto gp support classes(125 & 250) big money and a big factory does not always guarantee success. Aprilia would probs need to bring in some (European) f1 expertise to develop a competitive and reliable motor, as for the comment about WSB engines, lets not forget the amount of blown engines suffered by the japanese bikes in WSB, eg Tom Skyes the wknd past.

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

I'd be over the moon if the europeans could take on the Japs at building motogp bikes. Ducati and Capirex done it for me, loved watching them get faster and then win, sadly to be pulled apart by thier egos and finally by Rossi( turned my stomache, asking for and getting what he wanted and then doing a runner)

The Aprilia cube was F1 technology,it sounded good but that's all it did.Not sure, but I thought the RSV4 bike was expected to go to motogp but the engine just didn't have the power and the basis was used to make a road bike.

I'd like to see a British built bike have a shot one day. Triumph should have a go,plenty of techs in this country to help after all most of the F1s stuff is centered round the uk.

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

noddy

That's a corker Was expected to go to GP but never had the power and went a road bike' who hell told you that!!!!!!,the Aprillia was built to do a job and that was to go to GP's via the backdoor,to my knowledge they ran at least 20 different engine variations,it was laughed at when it appeared in WSB because everything was adjustable about the only down grade was a cam chain and even then wangled it to have gears.

The weight around Aprillia's neck is the fact they had to make money some how and that was with a road bike,Honda and Yamaha have never had that restriction.

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

Winger

http://www.gizmag.com/go/8129/

The company tells us that no decision has yet been made on whether to race the 1000cc model in World Superbikes or whether a scaled-down 800cc model may be built for the company to take to the MotoGP stage.

I did have a look round the web and this did come up, but I'm sure I read in a paper mag about Aprilia building a V4 Gp engine maybe as far back as 2000,like I said basis and thought.

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

Sadly by no stretch of the imagination are you the only who relies on the web,get out there in the paddock and talk to people you would be amazed what never gets into print.

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

Love been in the paddock but unfortunatley its only in club racing,getting into a gp/wsb paddock would be heaven for me.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices