Skip to content

Discuss This BMW withdraw from WSB World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > BMW withdraw from WSB

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

BMW withdraw from WSB

BMW have confirmed today that they will terminate their involvement in the World Superbike championship at the end of the 2013 season. BMW joined WSB with a big budget full factory team with their class leading S1000R in 2009. Although it took three years before they secured their first WSB win, they are now one of the benchmark teams in the series...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (24 July 2013 13:58)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

One thing would REALLY help SBK

Dorna should go cap in hand back to Jonathan Palmer ower of MSV and Brands Hatch and offer him a return to Brands for next  few seasons for a cheaper rate . On many times I`ve met Italians ,French ,Belgiums and Germans so thats major TV revenue garennteed from Europe .Worldsupers are equlviant of touring cars and have you seen the crowds at them races all over the world ? Yes Gps are the pinnacle of bike racing but it can be boring with the same racers winning because they`ve the best machines and too political Oh yes ! Remember you cant buy Gp bikes for the road but a Superbike is nearly obtainable and I and many riders cant relate to Gp machines any way so there you go !

Reply to this Topic
yaki

Apr 13

yaki says:

The elephant in the room is sports bikes are not selling and places like the UK are low volume any way so why waste money racing bikes not many people want. Motogp is more about brand recognition than sports bikes.

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

superbol

Aah, see when World Superbikes started in 1988 they were quite closely related to the bike you could buy for the road, that's how Foggy got an over the counter Ducati and managed to run near the front @ Donington in 1992, however now they are far removed apart from the body silhouette and headlight stickers.

What WSB needs to do is go back to basics so it is more closely linked to the road bikes they are currently loosely based on, then that series would flourish as would MOTOGP.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Superbike

In my ever so humble opnion Superbike ought to be Superstock spec but using slicks  , so i'd agree with mr triple

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

If got more teams

and factories involved then make it so.

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

triple n Richad

Agree with you two 100% .

Reply to this Topic
bartman1988

Oct 12

bartman1988 says:

couldnt agree more with you guys.should be a stock as possible.also why are manufacturers going to pour millions and millions into getting a top superbike at the front when nowadays it probably isnt a huge amount more to get a bike on the gp grid which in turn is likely to attract more customers.the same as in all motorsports to many pointless expensive gadgets on these bikes the only electronics should be the signal from the brain to the right wrist

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Hey MCN. What about some news about the Suzuka 8 hours? Team Kagayama with Yukio Kagayama, Kevin Schwanz and Nori Haga were 10th in Qualifying. Not bad IMO. Apparently Kevin crashed their Gixxer first, i would have bet my house on Yukio taking that honnor:-). On topic now, i agree with Richard1967. If you are in the stands live at a race, with the difference in lap times beween Superstock and Superbikes in mind? You can't tell the difference beween a stock bike and a 250.000 pound WSB bike. Problem with this is, that some Manufacturers put out an S version like Ducati and BMW do wich come with electronic suspension etc. As seen in Superstock 1000 now. If you are on an R1 a Gixxer or a Fireblade you still have no hope in hell of winning. It's not easy getting a level playing field, i would hate being in charge of making the new rules in WSB.

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

Carlos

Easy!  adapt BSB rules .

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Superbol

Agreed. But BSB have a great thing going, and will they accept WSB going the same way? I reckon they won't. And rightly so.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices