You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > kawasaki kh125 bike problem

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

gilly55

Jul 13

gilly55 says:

kawasaki kh125 bike problem

Hi my name is gilly and my son has recently purchased a 1994 kawasaki kh125 k7 motorbike? It starts ok but when hes riding it if he goes more than 40 mph the bike loses power and cuts out! It always starts again

but is really frustrating. It has engine compression and weve changed the spark plu, weve also reser the air/fuel mix too. Has anyone got any ideas as to what the problem could be please?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 267 days ago (25 July 2013 21:42)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
tommyzoom85

Jul 13

tommyzoom85 says:

kh125

You looked at the fuel fillter . Does it sit at 40 ok

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Kawasaki KH125 bike problem.

A worn carburetor, perhaps (needle and jet)?
How many miles has it done?

Reply to this Topic
gilly55

Jul 13

gilly55 says:

kh125 problems

Yes if he stays at 40 the bike runs fine.

Reply to this Topic
gilly55

Jul 13

gilly55 says:

kh125 problems

Carb looks new. Its recently had a new engine still running in atm.according to the dealer he bought it from 'its running sweet'

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Kawasaki KH 125 K7 1994

Hi Gilly55 and welcome to the site:smile

Sounds like a fuel starvation problem,not really surprised with a 20 year old bike(and a two stroke as well)With this engine being a disc valve type not piston port,and the carb being under a cover on the side of the crankcase,the carb will always look new,even on a bike of this age.I think the fuel tank,fuel tank tap filters,fuel line for kinks or crushing,and carb float bowl would all need inspecting before moving on to anything else that could cause this problem in a 20 year old two stroke.Saying all that,although the bike is 20 years old i would have thought if just recently purchased it would have had some guarantee or very limited warranty(i would put a 30 day warranty on it myself?)so if it has? take it back to the shop,i am sure they would take a look at it for you for no or little charge?Good Luck

KCMC:tongue:    

Reply to this Topic
savagea2

Jan 14

savagea2 says:

kh125 two stroke

hi gilly, two strokes need the exhaust/silencer cleaned every few thousand miles, as they block with carbon, this is usually a dirty job, regard s andy

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle