Skip to content

Discuss This Bradley Smith confident Tech 3 seat is safe for 2014 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Bradley Smith confident Tech 3 seat is safe for 2014

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Bradley Smith confident Tech 3 seat is safe for 2014

Bradley Smith is convinced his YZR-M1 seat in the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 squad is not in jeopardy for 2014 as teammate Cal Crutchlow’s future gets closer to being finalised.Ducati appears to have won the race for Crutchlow’s signature, though MCN has learned he has until Saturday (tomorrow) to inform Tech 3 on whether he will accept an improved pay...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (26 July 2013 13:51)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
moto4

Oct 12

moto4 says:

I keep saying this but...

... I feel sorry for Bradley. He signed a contract in good faith to ensure him a learning year (this) and a follow up to be competitive. He has almost the same number of points a Cal did already and Cal was Rookie of the Year. Admittedly Marquez performances have dulled his own but then it would anybodies- Cal's included. Should Cal stay a Tech3 I think he'll look a little stupid following the amount of noise he's made about what he 'deserves' but I hope this isn't read as an attack on Cal because he is vastly more interesting than the Spaniard-bots. That said he Bradl is doing well now he's removed the Nissins and Alvaro, again, signed a contract that acknowledged this years results may not be great in return for a development role. To be turfed out due to a perceived lack of performance given that was what he was worried about being forced to endure a testing role would be immoral and unprofessional. Sadly that leaves Cal with little choice, essentially one- Ducati. I am hoping the logic that why would Ducati drop Hayden, given we're told he is great for marketing if any other is unlikely to offer improved results. Notwithstanding Dorna's meddling may be involved for the benefit of WSB or Ducati needing to replace Checa, why remove Hayden unless a bike is due to appear for next season which is able to be more competitive? On a seperate note: why don't my paragraphs show up the way I write them once I save the comment?

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

I thought his Yamaha seat was secure when Smith was racing in Moto2 when Tech 3 signed for a further two years if I remember correctly.

Reply to this Topic
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

He's gonna stay

I don't think there's an issue with Brad, Cal will go to Ducati. What I think is totally daft of Yamaha is to have two very young and unproven riders in one team - it will slow the development of both riders. Brad is doing fine, no worse than Cal did as a rookie, and for the love of god Yamaha, stop looking for another Marquez. The guy is the once every 20 years freak of nature who has absolutely shat all over everyone he's ever raced with. If Yamaha think Pol is even in the same ballpark of quality then they're in cuckoo land.

moto4, as far as I've been able to figure out paragraphs work when I type comments on a PC, but not on an iPad. Dunno if that helps.

Reply to this Topic
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

hmm

Personally I'd keep Cal (why would Cal want to go anywhere else if he cannot get a Honda or Yamaha ride?) and get rid of Smith (cause he sucks) and take on Espargaro.

Reply to this Topic
Revilo612

Jul 13

Revilo612 says:

I thought he his contract included 2014

... and I have also never heard of Pol Espargaro signing for Yamaha, a quick search in Google shows that if it has happened it hasn't been confirmed, so God knows how MCN has found out before everyone else, and I'm also pretty sure that Smith signed a three-year deal with Tech 3 in 2011 for an extra year in Moto2, a learning year in MotoGP, and then to have a proper go in 2014.

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Moto 4

Check your message box.

Reply to this Topic
BackLaneBender

Nov 10

I reckon they should get rid of both and hire the 2 Espargaro brothers.

Reply to this Topic
scary eyes

Feb 04

scary eyes says:

Not sure how anyone can say Brad sucks. He is doin better than Cal did in this first year.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

paddock knowledge

bradders know the score already otherwise he wouldnt say he will be on an m1 would he?, even in he end up on a crt yam wont be that bad.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

If Bradders actually beats both factory Ducati riders that could actually secure him his seat at Tech 3 for 2014 its very possible given the bike he is on.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices