You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Insurance > Insurance Nightmare

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Stomper44

Jul 13

Stomper44 says:

Insurance Nightmare

In December 2012 I was unfortunately involved in an accident where I was knocked of my bike by a young lady who pulled out in front of me on a small round about.

My bike was a total right off and I spend 9 hours on a spinal board in the A&E, 7 weeks with a head brace on, unable to move my head and neck.  I still require further surgery but are currently on the NHS waiting list for this to be done.

I want to advise MCN readers of the Insurance nightmare that has happen since, I have a classic bike policy that was to cover 3 bikes and this was a tailored policy for Classic Bikes including legal cover, so that you had one point of contact if you have an accident or need to use them. 

What happen was when I reported the accident to my insurance company was told that I had Legal cover and would be entitled to private medical treatment so that my injuries would be taken care of as quickly as possible.

I was then referred to AIM to be my one point of contact and who would take care of everything and advise me of the best cause of actions. I contact AIM who then told me I was not covered so I went back to the insurance company, who insisted that I was covered. They also told me that I could find a local solicitor who could help with my claim through AIM.

I went and found a local solicitor who also contact AIM who were again told I was not covered but both the policy and insurance company confirmed that I did have cover.  The Insurance Company have insisted that I am covered and have said that they have emailed AIM on a number of occasion but have never had a reply. The solicitor also confirmed that private medical treatment for my injuries would not be cover by my insurance or any claim I made against the young lady.

I have had to ask the solicitor at act on my behalf without going through AIM and may end up with a bill for legal services that I should not have to pay.

We are now 7 months further on and my medical treatment and legal claims are both still on-going, which has meant that I can’t ride by bikes or partake in any of my hobbies whist the young lady involved has been sent on accident perception course at a cost of £145 but has received no points on her license or fine.

I would advise all MCN readers to check carefully and do as much investigation into their insurance policies, what is and is not covered before taking them out or before they need to use them as this has been more stressfully than the accident its self.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 350 days ago (26 July 2013 22:02)

Post a message in Insurance

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ACIC

Apr 06

ACIC says:

Your accident

This sounds a bit odd. For example, you are entitled to the cost of private surgery so I don't understand why you are being told otherwise.

Feel free to contact us to discuss further if you would like a second opinion.

Kind regards, Andrew Campbell
Bikelawyer Motorcycle Accident Solicitors
MCN Legal Expert
www.bikelawyer.co.uk
e-mail info@bikelawyer.co.uk
Tel 01446 794169

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN