Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

traylerm8

Jan 13

traylerm8 says:

RE: Service Intervals

Hello

The maintenance chart in my owner's manual says 5 months, 20 months 40 months. 

I would assume that means EVERY 5 months and then when you get to the 20th month just give it more work than you have been doing in the 5th, 10th and 15th month.  Then again when you get up the 40th month it needs even more work.  Rather than just service it on the 5th month, 20th month and 40th month... Have I got that right?

Many Thanks
Newbie traylerm8

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (27 July 2013 16:02)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

i would suggest

that 5 months is the first service and then its every 20 months after that! 40 months being the biggy!

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

services

What bike what year what mileage?

It sounds like a list of checks every 5 months,with a bit more checks every 20 months (don`t forget the 5 months as well again) and a bit more every 40 months (don`t forget the 5 month + the 20 months as well again).:blink: 

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

It sounds to me....

like that's intervals for changing various consumables,like plugs, filters,cables rubber hoses etc...Bikes are usually serviced at mileage intervals.600, 6,000,12,000 etc..

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

forget this 5 month bollocks

keep your eye on the mileage, the single most important thing you can do is to ensure the engine has good quality oil in, i change my oil far earlier than any manual suggests even if its be stood for months oil degenerates with age, never had any trouble working on this basis and as for everything else like plugs/ tyres etc i check them as a matter of course, most manufacturers now specify  a 4,000 mile interval for oils. 

Reply to this Topic
shaunthesheep52

Dec 12

as Mr Rocket said

good oil ( 2500 - 3000mls ) fuck the rest ... had 5000 miles on me R1 when i bought it ... sold it with 42000 ...NEVER changed the plugs at all .... as sweet as Ellie Simmons tuppence ...

Reply to this Topic
traylerm8

Jan 13

traylerm8 says:

Thanks

Thaaanks all!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN