Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

littlebluedude

Jul 13

Honda CBR600RR

Hi

Any opinions on a 2012 Honda CBR 600RR?

I took one out yesterday for a test ride as I'm looking to change my bike, currently ride a naked bike so different riding position

Absolutely loved the ride, however after about an hour I had a numb bum!  Also my left wrist was aching - so is this normal or just me getting used to a different riding position?

I also wanted to know about practicalities such as would my Kriega tailpack fit OK to this bike also my strap on Oxford tank bag

I'd be interested in any opinions on the riding and the practical side of this bike :smile

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 July 2013 12:17)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
albert88

Jan 10

albert88 says:

cbr

hi pal , the riding position does take a bit of getting used to, especially around town , tail pack should fit but i think cbr's have a plastic tank??

Reply to this Topic
littlebluedude

Jul 13

Tank Bag

Thanks albert88 my tank bag is off a plastic tank so wondered if it would fit the CBR

thanks for the feedback on the riding position:smile

Reply to this Topic
dave_c

Aug 06

dave_c says:

littlebluedude

I changed from a naked bike to a sportsbike 3 years ago and immediately felt the difference in riding position. Initially I wasn't too keen but I soon adapted.

Your wrists and other parts will probably get used to the new position, but it also helps to ride with your arms bent at the elbows rather than locked straight, this takes some pressure off the wrists.

Your Kriega pack should fit just fine. Obviously you want the pack to sit flat on the pillion seat and not the plastic cowl - if it comes with one. I use a US10 for day rides as you can see in the photos.

If you buy this bike make sure and stick some photos on here when you get it! Good luck :smile

Attached images:

1. IMG_3372  
  2. IMG_3465  
Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

CBR600rr..

Great bike you`ll love it....  Buy one....  :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
BaldE35

Oct 06

BaldE35 says:

Take

a little weight on your legs you'll soon get use to it. 

Reply to this Topic
mk1rob

Aug 11

mk1rob says:

Sports bike

Have you looked at other options in the same category? I went from a kwak z750 to a gsxr750 and don't find it any less comfortable. The leg position feels about the same and although i'm leant forward further it doesn't make my wrists ache. 

I tried a cbr600rr and it did feel more cramped compared to the gsxr plus you have to rev the nuts off 600s to get the most out of them. The 750 seems a nice in-between option. 
You could also try the cbr600f as its still a great sporty bike but has a slightly more upright riding position.:winkie:

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

also

try the Triumph 675!

Better bike , better road bike! and cheaper,

did i mention better?:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy