Skip to content

General What bike?!! General

You are in... Forums > General > General > What bike?!!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

hallstar

Jun 11

hallstar says:

What bike?!!

Hi guys,

I currently own a CBR600Fx and a CBR954 Fireblade. 

I love both bikes and wish I could afford to keep them but sadly I can't and they don't tick all the boxes. 

The Blade is phenomenal but no good for two up touring and is really uncomfortable on long distance/duration stints. 

The 600 is a gem of a bike but again isn't quite enough for two up. 

I am considering selling both and getting a bike that ticks all the boxes, nimble and fast enough to play against sports bikes and adaptable and sturdy enough to load up and tour Europe with the missus. 

I test rode a Sprint ST 1050 and it bored me. I have also had a VFR800 VTEC loaned to me for a few days to try out, I like it but I'm not quite sure. (I think it's the V4, I'm used to and like the howl of the inline four). 

I really do wish Honda made a CBR as adaptable as the VFR (single seat sports to full luggage in minutes), basically a VFR with a Fireblade engine and a CBR600 riding position. 

But sadly that is never going to happen, so my question is... Are there any other compromises/alternatives I could consider??

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 July 2013 09:31)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

Maybe

you could go back and try the Sprint GT. There's quite a difference between the ST and the GT. Nothing to lose by trying one.

Reply to this Topic
hallstar

Jun 11

hallstar says:

Too big?

I think the GT is abit too big. 

I want to keep the sporty side of sports tourer, I mainly ride solo with friends on litre sports bikes, but my partner likes to come out on bike when she can and we are looking to do some touring too. The VFR really does tick all of the boxes but I need to ensure it is the right choice and make sure I'm not over looking anything. 

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

might be worth

demoing a Kawasaki z1000sx

Reply to this Topic
Stunty69

Feb 04

Stunty69 says:

Or

the KTM990SMT . . . should tick all the boxes..... 

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

I'm with Unit

Kawasaki Z100sx... some second hand bikes appearing .....or what about a Blackbird which is a Honda with Performance comfort and reliability.....one of the best Bikes ever made. And it takes Luggage.

Reply to this Topic
hallstar

Jun 11

hallstar says:

Zed is appealing...

The Z1000SX is appealing, the Blackbird however is not. It's abit to cumbersome.

Going to go for a nose around some local dealers and check out the Zed.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Sweet.....Akra's, luggage and extended 2 year warranty :sunglasses:

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

hallstar

The Blackbird may ..appear to be cumbersome....but I'm small and short in the leg....it didn't stop me from enjoying the bike and having much  fun racing.....? :huh:....other "super hero" types on race rep thou's....... Make no mistake, the "Bird" Flies........ Try a Busa or the latest ZZR1400....... Bikes don't really get any better than these ....on the road.

Reply to this Topic
BaldE35

Oct 06

BaldE35 says:

Hallstar

Think your right about the fireblade that tours, don't get me wrong I love my vfr800 but have been looking for something that does the same job - just a little more grunty.Honda really misseda trick with that vfr1200 shite bike.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

"Honda really misseda trick with that vfr1200 shite bike."

x2

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN