Skip to content

Discuss This Suzuka 8hrs: Haslam becomes second British winner in two years World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Suzuka 8hrs: Haslam becomes second British winner in two years

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Suzuka 8hrs: Haslam becomes second British winner in two years

For the second year in a row, a British rider has triumphed at the Suzuka 8hr race, as the MuSASHI Harc-Pro Honda team of Leon Haslam, Michael van der Mark and Takumi Takahashi took the win by a lap. Early race leaders were the FCC TSR Honda team of Haslam’s Pata Honda WSB teammate Jonathan Rea and Samsung Honda BSB rider...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 363 days ago (29 July 2013 12:37)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Some overdue good fortune for Leon Haslam at last - what better place to demonstate your skills than under the nose of the Japanese factories. Great to see Kevin Schwantz grab a podium. Would love to see his laptimes relative to the likes of Leon Haslam. Anyone got them?

Reply to this Topic
pacman1967

Mar 13

pacman1967 says:

In Qualifying

Almost a perfect result for me Haslam Wins and Revin' Kevin on the Podium, shame Rea missed out though.

Schwantz's best time in Qualification was 2:10.907  whilst Leon did a best of 2:08.540. Looks like a big gap until you consider Leon still rides race bikes in anger week-in-week out and Rutter managed a best of over 2:12 in qualifying. Haven't found any lap times for the actual race.

Kevin did one stint in the race and was wearing a Wayne Rainey replica Shoei. For me he's still an all time hero and it's great that he ended the day safe, happy and on the podium.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Superb Pacman thanks a lot. Agree with your comments as well about relative pace. Nice one.

Reply to this Topic
jewels

Nov 09

jewels says:

L H

Its about the thing he will ever win, to much inconsistancy,i bet Rons glad hes won something. Dont get me wrong i like the HASLAMS but what have they ever rearly won,

Reply to this Topic
stobes

Oct 03

stobes says:

Jewels - LH

To answer your comment Jewels.....Rocket Ron has won a couple of world Titles - TTF1 and TTF3 championships, and also notched up 6 x Macau GP wins and TTF1 at the Isle of Man TT races......while Haslam the younger has won National MotoX championships at Youth level, while not quite achieveing as much in superbike terms, he has finished second in BSB twice and WSB once.........

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

I think

Rocket Ron is a true 'alien', as he doesn't look any older than he did 25 years ago, lol. He held the Macau win record for a long time, until Michael Rutter topped him, this year. Both great guys, and talented riders. 

Reply to this Topic
jewels

Nov 09

jewels says:

ok

stobes,ok fair comment, i was thinking more of 500gp n WSB,

Reply to this Topic
jewels

Nov 09

jewels says:

ok

stobes for got BSB,not knockin just comments

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Nice people

But we forget how long Leon has been around now ,Ron was a proper racer and would jump on anything and go quickly ,He had the misfortune to be around at a time of some truly great riders not only at world level but at British level ,however as an all round rider he could do it all Isle of man gps four stroke two strokes ,125 through to 1100 production bikes and the latest gp irons,loved racing and still plays a big part in the sport ,Leon has had some good rides ,the Suzuki time in wsb stands out for me but maybe just not selfish enough for a championship ,but who knows? ,that said how many of the current wsbk boys hold a bsb title or could even win one ,now that is the level that wsbk has fallen to and the high standard of bsb,as for the endurance stuff its a big deal to the factories but in racing terms its like reading a Classic meeting entry ,Kagayama Kevin Snatch,was Katayama busy? ,by Endurance i take it they mean to watch?,for me I think eight hours of that is enough to send a glass eye to sleep

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

Stig

I agree that Leon's 2010 Campaign with Suzuki was his finest time. I remember watching him at the end of June at Misano. Biaggi did the double and Leon didn't do so well. In my opinion it was all over for Leon at that point as far as winning a WSBK title.

I believe that WSBK standards are significantly higher then BSB. Shane Byrne is dominating and apart from 2 home wins 10 years ago did nothing in WSBK.

I would love to see Leon back in BSB. He would add real excitement to what has become quite a boring season. Two years ago was far better will Hill and Hopper.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices