Skip to content

Ask an Expert Advice on my first bike (please) Buying & selling bikes

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Buying & selling bikes > Advice on my first bike (please)

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

bluestoth89

Jul 13

bluestoth89 says:

Advice on my first bike (please)

Hi,

I am sure these topics can get a bit tedious but I would be very grateful for any advice. 

I passed my test in August last year, I have had limit riding since then as have been looking to change my job and other boring stuff I won't talk about. BUT I am finally going to buy my first proper bike this weekend and am bloody excited.

I have three options that are available at my local used dealer. Firstly

2000 Yamaha Thundercat.

2001 Yamaha R6.

2001 Honda CBRf 600.

I have always thought of myself as a Honda guy but the two Yamahas are looking for interesting options at the moment. Would love to hear any ones thoughts, especially if you think all options are the wrong ones!

Also if anyone can recommend a good brand for reasonably priced gear or a online store that would be brilliant. 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 July 2013 10:12)

Post a message in Buying & selling bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Dabbsy

Aug 02

Dabbsy says:

First bike

If you can furnish us with some more details by reading through the sticky post 'Buyer's checklist" at the top of this forum... then we can help you more....

Chris

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/community/Forums/Categories/Topic/?&topic-id=433358

Reply to this Topic
bluestoth89

Jul 13

bluestoth89 says:

First bike

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the response.

My budget is 2-3,000. Looks like I will end up around £2,500. I passed my test a year a go and have had a bout 2 weeks worth of riding since then. As a nipper did motocross for about 2 years. My mileage on the bike will be a bit of a mix, some days commute but mainly Sunday riding and the odd evening.
Thanks again

Reply to this Topic
tommyzoom85

Jul 13

tommyzoom85 says:

First bike

Hi there they are all good bikes but the honda would be the best one for you as your first bike its easy to ride comfy and a great bike all round

Reply to this Topic
bluestoth89

Jul 13

bluestoth89 says:

First Bike - Honda

Hi Tommy,

Thanks for your advice, I think that is the one I am swaying towards.. will post a picture of which ever bike I end up with soon!
Thanks again

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices