Skip to content

Discuss This New MCN July 31: RCV road bike new details General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > New MCN July 31: RCV road bike new details

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

New MCN July 31: RCV road bike new details

In this week's MCN: MCN has new details on Honda's road-going MotoGP missile, which is expected to be unveiled in just a few months. PLUS:The search for 2013's best sports bike: MV Agusta F3 800 vs Suzuki GSX-R750 vs Ducati 848 Evo CorseYamaha XV950 world first testEnd to end for 30 quidAll the news from the Suzuka 8-hour All available in print at...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 346 days ago (30 July 2013 11:13)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

Motorider

I have a feeling it will...i dont know how the hype surrounding this can lead to a product thats below, in terms of performance atleast, to a souped BMW S1000RR. Your right Alex, wasnt the current Kawasaki ZX10 a WSBK race machine before it was sold to the public? i always thought this machine would be a replacement for the ageing Fireblade in WSBK

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
v2kiwi

Mar 04

v2kiwi says:

Aprilia & BMW

can build class leading super bikes for an affordable price, with all the fruit on them ,so hopefully Honda will do the same along the RC family tree rather than building exotic orniments to sit in a corporate lounge or similar. You can pick up a  Ducati desmocidice for half the price they were new, so hardly a great investment as technology has moved on . I just hope they build a bike we can all get the pleasure out of should we choose to .Motorcycles should be built to sit in enthusiasts shed,s waiting for the daily or weekend gallop , because without the working class enthusiasts keeping the motorcycle industry alive  we,ll all just stick to the bikes we already have .   The NEW BIKE market needs to amount to a bit more than a change of headlight shape and a new colour scheme.

Reply to this Topic
Patsfalco

Sep 12

Patsfalco says:

Deja-vu!

MCN has been stirring this particular 'RCV Roadbike' for nigh on 10 years.

How many times did we read about the V5 hyperbike that was going to 'change everything'?

And they've been rolling with this one since the 800cc era.

If there's no story, shut the f up! And don't be priasing yourselves if this one comes about. You've been wrong so often on this subject alone, that there's no credit due.

Reply to this Topic
luckyskua

Jan 11

luckyskua says:

I'm sure there's a point to all this

Read the blurb on the MCN RCV1000. No pneumatic valves, no seamless gearbox, no this or that. Typical HRC paranoia so we end up with a machine so far detuned from the racebike that owning one is a series of excuses at the Ace Cafe. Might as well buy a 1986 VF1000R and wallow in the nostalgia.

Reply to this Topic
Paulvt1

Aug 08

Paulvt1 says:

Local dealer says there are no more Fireblades coming into the UK this year. Not sure if that means Honda has misjudged demand - or if the new V4 will be a 12 grand proddy bike. 

I hope it's the latter. 

Reply to this Topic
luckyskua

Jan 11

luckyskua says:

Pinch me I'm dreaming - I keep thinking it will be good.

£12K production racer... what are you talking about? Not with the satelite works costing £2m+ Most likely it will look like one but actual specs and redesign will be shunted to another department. Who can forget the NR750 road version? Weighing in at 1/4 of a ton and not oval pistons but elipsoidal... and the all time classic, NS400. Race bike - two vertical cylinders, one horizontal 500cc. Road version - one vertical cylinder, two horizontal 387cc and the CofG so low the front wheel would lock up! What a joke. The one similarity being if the crank went it still had to go back to Japan for realignment. At least that's what I heard.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices