Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow signs for Ducati MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow signs for Ducati

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Cal Crutchlow signs for Ducati

Cal Crutchlow has taken a massive career gamble by accepting the tough challenge of transforming Ducati’s flagging fortunes in MotoGP next season. The British rider rejected an improved pay deal to stay with the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 squad and will be reunited with former teammate Andrea Dovizioso on a factory Desmosedici in 2014. The former World Supersport champion had until last...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 August 2013 16:42)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Nostro

You have really got a hang-up about Rossi. The talk was, of Cal going to Ducati, but you have to bring Rossi into the equation.                                                                                                                                                                        He is not going to be your boyfriend, get over it.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Hey flaming budgie

Did you miss the claptrap by streetfighter Chris about 60 degree engines and steeper steering heads which preceeded my post?  Burgess is on record as stating the ninety degree vee four is the best layout for a GP racing engine.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
moto4

Oct 12

moto4 says:

Phew

Thank goodness that's over.

Reply to this Topic
huggydave

Aug 12

huggydave says:

Perfect match!

Cal will fit perfectly into ducati, they seem to get on with British riders from sbk, foggy,hodgeson n toseland all fitted in well, ( maybe not toseland towards the end) and had racing success, we're in the first year of the German-Italian team, I think they defiantly have learnt what isn't working and pray the penny's dropped something radicals needed, and a move to Suzuki in 2015 would of being really stupid, at least ducati have loads of data from racing, Suzuki are doing the odd test, there going to be a long long way off, oh and there still skint, glad cal didn't go to them!

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

As Casey Stoner illustrated..a rider who has little technical understanding and shit feedback, can still achieve and gain unwarranted praise on a bike that is decent to start.

Cal's problem is that Ducati are way off the pace by comparison now.

Crutchlow is not technical. His improved results this year are a result of Rossi sharing his data.

He benefited from Dovi's work ethic & intelligence last year.

He did fuck all on the WSB Yamaha until after Brno 2010, when Rossi previously sorted his shit out for him.

He's the wrong man for this appointment because he needs to follow others.

Sure..he'll coin it. Great!

All the talk of deserving a competitive bike has gone by the wayside..Bullshit.

He could have signed a one year deal and backed himself..but that was never Cal's intention.

Cash is King.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Yep, HRC was a bit dissapointed with Bradl. But Checcinello stood by him. After the last good results, Stefan is sorted at LCR. So fair point by EddieLizzard. To be fair it was agreat ride at Laguna by Bradl. Tech3 as far as i know is Bradley/Pol for next season.both deserve the benefit of the doubt. But i think the top 3 in Moto3 right now are all more talented. They have to prove themselves in Moto2 of course. I reckon Alex Rins has a huge future, he seems to tall to ride a Moto3 bike? But does a Damn good job, his pure speed is better than Maverick and Salom. The racecraft is something he will get better at. Personally? My worry is, what bike will Redding be on next season? I would hate to see him struggle on a crap bike.

Reply to this Topic
Paddedcell100

Oct 12

Pay rates..

A quick retort to BennyLizard.... Nobody knows how much Cal is going to be earning apart from him,his family and management team and Ducati. Certainly not Speedweek or MCN and certainly not you. I would bet my bottom dollar that he isn't going to getting paid any less than Dovi though,thats a certainty.

On a separate issue, I see the Circuit of Wales has been shelved then..... best you keep putting the benefit cheques away to save up for Silverstone for a few more years yet.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

"Cash is King"...

..say's the pleb who backs the 20th richest sportsman in the world!

What a knob!...

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Rainmaker..you carry on backing losers who sell their racing souls to the highest bidder.

Valentino Rossi is the most winning rider in top class history and has 7 titles to back it up.

Crutchlow, after all his bullshit, has never won a race or even led one come to that. Nor is he likely to at Ducati.

I'm talking about selling yourself short dickead..you must understand that?

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Nostro

Yes I know Burgess said that and Honda are using the 90 degree in the RC213, so we know it must be some other problem. But why did you feel the need to slag off Rossi.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices