Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow signs for Ducati MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow signs for Ducati

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Cal Crutchlow signs for Ducati

Cal Crutchlow has taken a massive career gamble by accepting the tough challenge of transforming Ducati’s flagging fortunes in MotoGP next season. The British rider rejected an improved pay deal to stay with the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 squad and will be reunited with former teammate Andrea Dovizioso on a factory Desmosedici in 2014. The former World Supersport champion had until last...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 August 2013 16:42)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

cal will be shit

and the bike will be shit ,until they do something about the shape or placement of the engine.  But athletes have a fairly short moneymaking window, and that is really what Cal was after all along innit? Cant really blame him, but his performances on the yamaha will most definitely not translate. When you already have the money, then its all about the bike. I think a couple hundred thousand at tech3 (like that wouldnt already be amazing!) pales compared to a couple of million from ducati." Who cares!!! I'll make it work somehow, and if I dont, im rich!! The rest is gravy!" Having only ever ridden the sweetest handling bike in moto gp, the ducati will suck his soul dry, like it does to all. Yhe comments will be very entertaining next year. Give Hayden the other one of those yamahas that Edwards is getting, and he will be be waving bye bye to crutchlow as he passes him

Reply to this Topic
widdy

Dec 12

widdy says:

Dogsbreath.....

Please enlighten us all to the GP races you have ridden in and led before you have the right to slag of one of your own countrymen bustin his bollox for his family and country. Calling other posters who dont happen to have the same opinion as yourself just shows you as the 'dickhead/wanker' or whichever you prefer. I would say 'Gobshite' of the first degree myself.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

PM me tiddly..I'll explain it to you face-to-face at MFN.

Reply to this Topic
YZF750RR

Sep 09

YZF750RR says:

Oh, no not again

Er, jerk time. I respected Cal, that's taken a blow now. I hope the money keeps him happy as he won't be when he realises he just stepped off last years championship winning bike. Being 10th or 11th is a bit diffrerent to 2nd, 3rd or 4th. I talked to James Haydon just before he got on the Prontous bike and he smiled when I said "don't get on twin, please?" No, he replied. We all know what happened after that. Surely Andrea warned him., Vale warned him, Hayden warned him.  Best of luck Cal, you're need it.

Sorry, my profile picture is three bikes old now, I am about to get an R6, you know, the one Cal won WSS on. Lol. 

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

He's not selling himself short numbnuts..

..because he's never going to be a Rossi or a Lorenzo or a Casey Stoner and I suspect he's already reconciled that. He's busting his balls to make something for himself and cock's like you feel you have the right to condemn him for that..

You're a weasel with a grubby heart...

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

He said it wasn't about the money. He believed he was deserving of a bike that could deliver and match his ambition.

I don't blame him for taking the money, but don't insult my intelligence.

You suspect he's already reconciled himself?

Hahaha..fuck off you prick.

Reply to this Topic
moto4

Oct 12

moto4 says:

I don't think it's a bad move at all

To stay at T3 or even LCR you are accepting you will never win a championship, Honda and Yamaha never supporting you over either of their factory riders. At Ducati, assuming Cal pushes as hard as he has all his career, Ducati will support him 100%. OK so the bike is behind that of Yamaha or Honda, even in satellite form but next year's bike may be an all new machine- Cal would be party to this and if he can install himself as no.1 in the team development could be focused on him. For all the talk of career suicide I suspect staying where he was would have been worse. Many state he should have held on at T3 another year and may be got the Suzuki job but that bike may be no better and wont pay as Ducati would and at least Ducati know they need a new bike the Suzuki wont be replaced even if it' a dog. So really, Ducati looks like the best option available to me. 

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

He couldn't move forward at Yamaha, and he missed out on the Honda, so what choice did he have than to sign a deal that will see him sitting on a million pound power boat in Monaco. At the very least when he retires he will be minted, a WSS Champion and remembered for being one of the quickest satelite riders of all time.   

Reply to this Topic
aintnothin

Apr 12

aintnothin says:

On a lighter note...

There only only 2 hard things in computer science: cache invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors.

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Aye Nostro

Firebird burned you good.... now rise from the ashes! LOL! 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices