Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow signs for Ducati MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow signs for Ducati

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Cal Crutchlow signs for Ducati

Cal Crutchlow has taken a massive career gamble by accepting the tough challenge of transforming Ducati’s flagging fortunes in MotoGP next season. The British rider rejected an improved pay deal to stay with the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 squad and will be reunited with former teammate Andrea Dovizioso on a factory Desmosedici in 2014. The former World Supersport champion had until last...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 August 2013 16:42)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

Not half the gamble he took at the end of 08 for 2009 he was offered big bucks to ride in BSB instead gambled everything on bike he didn't know with a team he didn't know on tracks he didn't know for half the money and became WSS champion now that was a gamble.

The Germans cleared the decks the end of june sadly the first new part of the new era lasted 4 laps when Dovi bent the frame,this would have been a gamble doing it for nothing but he isn't,it's a much better move than folks think,will be interesting watching a bloody minded anglo saxon riding the Duc.

Reply to this Topic
weasel64

Mar 07

weasel64 says:

gotta

take the money while it's there , that's a no - brainer , but ffs cal man you aint gonna tame the beast ???

now go out & prove me wrong pls

Reply to this Topic
bailbath

Mar 09

bailbath says:

Cal

The differance with CC to Dovi, Dovi is a journey man Cal is hungry. I don't believe that Cal only did it for the money, although it helps A LOT. It's one of those things that if you don't try it you may regret never knowing. I think given a little time he will conquer the beast. He has a two year contract in a factory team not a second tier team like tech 3. Although the results have been good this year he wants and needs to try and go forward. Ducati could be the answer. We will find out....

Reply to this Topic
stevowarrior

Jun 06

stevowarrior says:

Plonker

I thought he had more sense, well that's the end of his career, looks like we'll have to look to Scott Reading being the first British MotoGP winner since Bazzer. Good luck Scot follow the dream not the money.

Reply to this Topic
Mr.Number

Nov 07

Mr.Number says:

Oh dear, bad move on Ducatis part. Cal is not the rider for that bike. 

Reply to this Topic
Bullshrimp

Apr 13

Bullshrimp says:

I'm expecting to see...

...plenty of this: https://twitter.com/martinheath/status/355629407240601600/photo/1

I've no doubt that Cal will give it everything but this decision will very likely end up being the end of his MotoGP career. Ducati simply do not have the bike and by the time his contract has expired there will be a whole raft of fast guys coming up from Moto2. Still I'm sure his pension fund will look pretty healthy by then...

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Northstar

May 13

Northstar says:

So, yet again just when we thought we had a British talent that could have possibly brought the Moto-GP title back to our shores he goes & implodes with what can only be described as a suicidal move to Ducati! 

Cal, look at the overwhelming evidence thats before you. 1. A modern hero thats won 9 world titles could only manage a 2nd & a few 3rds on a bike that in the end he threw the towel in because satellite teams Tech Toir were beating him. 2. This season 'Beefed Up' road bikes are making a factory team that now has the baking of a major force (AUDI) look like they have given in & again threw in the towel. 3. If you fail in a 'Works Team' were do you go after here?

Reply to this Topic
Krapp

Apr 13

Krapp says:

Good one Eddie...

No real fans here, just a bunch of crooks - take the money and run!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

He'd have been a plonker staying at Tech 3 job was going nowhere

Reply to this Topic
jonnyrocket

Mar 09

jonnyrocket says:

bout time...

at last a british rider with a real contract, i have no doubts that if cal had been spanish yamaha would've improved the deal.  just imagine the first brit rider to get a factory deal in motogp!?...well done cal you have deserved it may be...just ...maybe we'll see more of the brits securing the rides in factory reams, here's hoping.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices