Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow signs for Ducati MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow signs for Ducati

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Cal Crutchlow signs for Ducati

Cal Crutchlow has taken a massive career gamble by accepting the tough challenge of transforming Ducati’s flagging fortunes in MotoGP next season. The British rider rejected an improved pay deal to stay with the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 squad and will be reunited with former teammate Andrea Dovizioso on a factory Desmosedici in 2014. The former World Supersport champion had until last...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 343 days ago (01 August 2013 16:42)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

MITCH

much respect dude, just returrned form cadwell today and saw a bloody fast guy martin,and had a cuppa in paddock near him, quality, ppl dont realise how fast these pro's are untill you see them ride. i luckily have seen cal ride a gp bike, and a superbike, so the duke is just naother bike to him, the oney is just his benefit, and he has only gone with his gut feeling, its dorna and bt that forced all this anyways. get over it. 

Reply to this Topic
harley1994

Feb 10

harley1994 says:

say what

never mind the money,kak bike or whatever im just looking forward to hearing his weird accent he"ll adopt in an italian team. worse than the frenchlish tech 3 one?

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

not dorna

wake up!!! our brit push for a world champion is not one of uncles main concernes now is it, its all about keeping the green coming in, so they protect their own,mm,pol,jorge,and may aswell be spanish rossi, if ducati fall again which im sure they will, who do you think bails them out???factory teams can only afford to not win for so long,and cals 5m  is pocket change compared to rossi's 15m(7.5m compared to cals 5m a year).

the rossi big finacial move to ducati from yamaha was all his doing too,ppl in this series do what they are told,and im sure it affects the guys on and off track, soon wsbk will be controlled and spoiled too, im glad i watched all the classics, and the casey winning days, because now its a bit of a joke, cal and brads manager yes i am aware of that, but how does that change what you have said?? cal has not lied to anyone or are you a paddock gossip? 

Reply to this Topic
Sipod

Aug 13

Sipod says:

Really ?????

Some ridiculous comments on here. There's only 3 factory teams. Only one factory seat available. 

Cal has this seat now.

Far to many negative comments.

Congratulations are called for, not criticism. It's a great achievement. Yeah, the bike is not great but how many of you are in a genuine position to comment on future development ?

Good luck to him I say, He's a big lad who has made his choice, I'm sure he knows what he's doing.

Reply to this Topic
Sipod

Aug 13

Sipod says:

Really ?????

Some ridiculous comments on here. There's only 3 factory teams. Only one factory seat available. 

Cal has this seat now.

Far to many negative comments.

Congratulations are called for, not criticism. It's a great achievement. Yeah, the bike is not great but how many of you are in a genuine position to comment on future development ?

Good luck to him I say, He's a big lad who has made his choice, I'm sure he knows what he's doing.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Cheap Trick Lizz ?

He's not the first though eh ?   Dovi performed the same trick for 2012.

Reply to this Topic
t552

Feb 09

t552 says:

bye bye Cal. It has been great watching you. Now you will be a mid pack runner the cameras will no longer be on you.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

support

i for one will be supporting cal no matter what, im sure all you haters and doubters are doing great things for motocycle racing and representing britain.

NOT!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
jewels

Nov 09

jewels says:

SONG 4 JOY

the fleetwood mac song O WELL,just guna play me WSB tape from SILVERSTONE do you remember

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

Eddie

Ye know Cal was never gonna get the equipment at Yammy to win the championship, why would they give it to him with Yorgi and Rossi in the factory team. Pol was signed by Yammy to run at Tech3, Cal would have ended up been given the 4th best Yammy or the Tech3 parts bin special.

Bradls Honda was never up for grabs,can ye remember Honda saying that he'd get full factory support in 2014.Probably it's also good for Dorna to have a German on the grid.

So he took the Ducati and with it come a pocket full of cash. I don't and you don't know what his driving force was to take the deal after all it's got a pig of a reputation but in reality it was the only option he had.I my self hope that Ducati find the magic bullet and they sort the front, you probably hope they dont and ye can spend countless hours of ye boring life saying I told ye so.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices