You are in... Forums > General > General > zzr update

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

zzr update

well, switchgear arrived yesterday with no bloody light switch controls, so spent an hour faffing around re soldering switch into my old switchgear.  Sorted, hooked it into loom, worked.  routing the wiring into frame under air box the old spring fell out from starter button...balls comes to mind as that is what i needed (or lost)..went out yesterday on private land, didn't feel right..came back put panels on, TYRES! pressures up to 41psi, oh lordy, i have missed her..! Pics to follow later.  Bought in her 09 whilst doing my das..feels sublime! lot quieter than the bandit too..!  Took her out ont ot he road to get brakes working and free off clutch plates a bit..within 3 miles she was back to normal..MOT in Sept for my birthday as on holiday atm.  

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 361 days ago (02 August 2013 11:07)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
shaunthesheep52

Dec 12

MMMmmmmmm

" switchgear " ....horrible fucking things ... i mean , how many times in the past have you been " jack-in-the-boxed " ..fuck-eyed bits averywhere ..... ballbearings , springs , itsy bitys screws ... and you vcan never find the fuckers , all over the garage floor ..... " switchgears" i shit em :mad:

Reply to this Topic
Stunty69

Feb 04

Stunty69 says:

and worse still...

When the previous owner, Bob the Bodger, has tried to remove to screws with a carving knoe or similar, and chewed the head irrepairably!! 

Glad its all sorted....

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
shaunthesheep52

Dec 12

yup

ive suffered at the hands of " bob the bodger " ..the Bastard :mad:

Reply to this Topic
Stunty69

Feb 04

Stunty69 says:

Havent we all......

I remember "discovering" that my leadlamp on my old Guzzi was 'aligned' using twisted wite and a cable tie....   Strange because all the others used a threaded adjuster.... :laugh:

Reply to this Topic
shaunthesheep52

Dec 12

on a similar note ....

was looking at a bike on E-bay ( dont get me wrong , it IS a nice bike ) he put a set of rear-sets on it , no provision for a brake light switch , SO , ( fairly clever ) hooked exsisting switch to a cable tie on the brake lever and taped switch to another part of rearset .... looked a bit codged up ...NOW ..for £5 ... he coulda bought a hydraulic pressure switch ( which they recommend ) fitted in 10 mins ...looks the bollox .. things like that ...piss me off ..... cheap skates i tell ya CHEAP SKATES ....

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices