Skip to content

Discuss This Bradley Smith happy to have future speculation ended MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Bradley Smith happy to have future speculation ended

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Bradley Smith happy to have future speculation ended

Cal Crutchlow’s decision to join Ducati for 2014 has at least ended constant speculation about the MotoGP future of current Monster Yamaha Tech 3 teammate Bradley Smith. With Pol Espargaro signed for Tech 3 on a factory Yamaha contract for 2014, if Crutchlow had agreed to a new one-year deal with the French-based squad, then Smith’s position appeared in jeopardy, even...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 260 days ago (02 August 2013 12:50)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

'Phew' says Bradley

It was looking a bit deja vu there for a wee while, with another year on a dodgy Tech3 chassis, as Smith (rightly or wrongly) was set to be elbowed aside.

Reply to this Topic
Chish2

Aug 13

Chish2 says:

So Bradley was going to be sacrificed on the altar of Spanish rider progress. And for what reason? He is riding professionally, bringing it home and always faster at the end of a race than at the start.

Answer. Wrong passport. Like Cal and Redding. I mean Espargaro is being thrashed by Redding so who would you want to get in your team? Well silly me..of course its Spanish money not ability. So we nearly had a situation where Cal was without a ride, Redding was stuck going nowhere and Bradley being farmed out to Grade III teams like some reject all because the Spanish who run MotoGP look after their own. Even in his first year Espargaro will be treated like royalty with a factory bike (that Carl has been asking for) making Bradley feel really appreciated!

Dorna is ruining MotoGP and the same outfit will castrate WSB pretty damn soon.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Sshhh nr.2

The poor little Brit boy line is weak and whiney.  Pol is twice the rider Brad is.  Factories don't do nationalities,  they do talent.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

i guess

thats why there are no aussies racing now! cant say much for us poor yanks ether.

Reply to this Topic
pannyderosa

Jan 13

pannyderosa says:

chish

Espagaro being thrashed by Redding.
Watch closely who wins the championship.
It will not be Redding.

Reply to this Topic
Chish2

Aug 13

Chish2 says:

@nostrodamus

I was making the point that we are seeing the Spanish owners of MotoGP using financial muscle bringing in more of their own to the detriment of others (who happen to be British not BECAUSE they are). They changed the rules so Marquez could go straight to a Factory team and now they are bringing in Espargaro on a Factory contract regardless of how that affects Cal who is fighting for podiums. You honestly think Espargaro is a better MotoGP rider today than Cal is?

I was comparing Redding and Espargaro as they are competing directly but don't disregard what Baradley is quietly achieving in his rookie year. If it wasn't for Marquez being outstanding Bradley would be getting more attention. And if it really is all about talent are you saying Cal, Redding and Smith have none at all?

Reply to this Topic
bennygaywossi

Feb 12

wtf

all this bullshit about scoring more points than whoeva at this point, when ever. its cuz he doesnt try.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

A huge weight lifted from young Bradders shoulders. All the best with the injuries and enjoy the rest of the season bud.

Reply to this Topic
AussieInSUI

Mar 13

AussieInSUI says:

stats do lie but...

A grand total of 3 GP wins? And I do remember talk of his weight being an issue. He weighs 66kg's so where did that come from. Motogp is a business and the Spanish are nuts on motorbike racing and spend too, so why shouldn't they have the largest say in how it's run? BS has until the end of the year to get used to the bike. But he does cop flak. Why? Because most agree he got the spot because of how few Brits in the past have made it to the top level. Sort of a way of promoting motorbike racing in the UK. Sounds fair to me from a marketing point of view. But I'll eat my (2nd) hat if he in still in motogp in 2015.

Reply to this Topic
AussieInSUI

Mar 13

AussieInSUI says:

and...

I don't count CRT bikes as being proper motogp bikes.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle