Skip to content

Discuss This Tech 3 boss ‘sad’ at Cal Crutchlow departure MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Tech 3 boss ‘sad’ at Cal Crutchlow departure

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Tech 3 boss ‘sad’ at Cal Crutchlow departure

Cal Crutchlow’s Monster Yamaha Tech 3 boss Herve Poncharal has spoken of his sadness at the British rider’s decision to complete a lucrative switch to Ducati’s struggling factory MotoGP squad in 2014. Poncharal and Crutchlow have developed a close relationship away from the world championship paddock and the French team boss said the 2009 World Supersport champion’s exit would be felt...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (02 August 2013 13:10)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

you can follow BennyGizzard

on TWATTER or CUNTFacebook 

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Leave it out Benny

It is what it is - why is there a problem with it.

Good choice?   Bad choice?   His choice! - no problem.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Really no one at all can tell if this is a good move. Audi might sack some top engineers at Ducati, and bring in better ones. Then again those new engineers might screw it up even more. Who knows? I reckon Ducati/Audi will try 110% to design the best all new 2014 bike that they can for Cal and Dovi. I hope they can do it. Of course i don't know the mesurements of all the Gp bikes? But the Duke's wheelbase looks to long, so it won't turn in to a bend. Then again Carlos Checa has said that the Panigale is verry nimble, but is not stable in long turns. Finding a compromise is not easy. Engine power seems easy for the folks in Bologna. 

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

but you still don't answer the question why Crutchlow left a perfectly good Monster Yamaha Tech3 ride with an improved financial offer for the chance of being Dovi's No.2 at Ducati. You've been mugged, but you're too stupid to see it.

--------------------------------------------------------

1. Because he chose to.

2. No-ones been mugged.

3. Get over it. 

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

I wonder how Sad he will be next season? Bradley might get better, but i doubt he can take some podiums. Pol Espargaro? rookie season, not a top talent IMO . No offence to you Brits, but a mediocre rider lineup at best. Outside Stefan Bradl, i jus't can't see anyone taking podiums of the real factory teams. A good Ducati woul change things.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Carlos

A good Ducati woul change things.

-------------------------------------------

Let's hope for the good of the sport that Ducati serve one up then bud. Nationality aside, Cal appears to have the balls to push it regardless (often to his cost but you can't blame a man for trying). It could end in tears but then again it could go the other way. Here's hoping it's the latter.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

I've been robbed of nothing and again I say ''get over it''. But that seems unlikely. Shame.

Reply to this Topic
BusaBeater

Aug 02

BusaBeater says:

How come Espargaro gets the ride, when Scott Redding had undoubtably earned (IMHO) the offer ?

Unless of course, Scott has some other more promising ride somewhere else (thinking Bautista's Honda ?)

Reply to this Topic
gixxersixxerman

Mar 12

He is sad because more then likely that's the end of Tech3 being on a podium.. Sad day for Tech3, I've always supported them.. I will continue to support them.. I'll continue to follow Cal.. But I think that's the end for him.. It would be great to see Yamaha, Honda, Ducati and Suzuki going at it every single week..  People can dream right

Reply to this Topic
jonnyrocket

Mar 09

jonnyrocket says:

it's a shame....

that it's come to this.  sorry to see cal leave, but realistically there's probably no chance he'll get a factory ride with yamaha, he's not spanish.  the ducati ride is a step forward financially first and race positions second, so what if he sold out, so did dovi and many others down the years.  i really believe that cal can make it work at ducati...maybe he'll never win a race or a world title, but he'll have a damn good try and have financial security at the end of it, can't blame him for that.

yours aye....

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices